Fictional members

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

the randy dero

Fictional members

Post by the randy dero »

I've just been looking at our forum members list and noticed a big jump in "new members", about 160 in 3 days. This is most of pages 6, 7 and 8.
All those I checked appeared fictional. Can we stop this stuff happening? Sorry to be a nuisance but it irritates me.
Stephen
BOB ELLIS

Post by BOB ELLIS »

Randy , have mentioned this problem to the webmaster before.Something to do with the hiteck computer age we live in.All the scumbags can somehow join the list , but can't log on without webmaster's official OK.I'm sure he (DLRA GURU) will read this, and give a more professional explaination! Cheers, Bob. #66 C/GCC.
DLRA 112

Post by DLRA 112 »

If you do check any of those new members out just be aware the web sites they show may be a little on the rough side with trackers etc. Most will be SPAM but some will be legitimate members so Forum Admin will deal with it.
Member DLRA 112.
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

There not just fictional members, there a pain in the arse.

These dick heads want you to click on their names and be taken to their sites or worse still have a virus download to you PC. Do NOT follow any of these links.

Every time that the bb guys come up with a new fix these guys find another loophole. There is a new major release of the software coming soon and I hoping that it will have the goods to slow these buggers down for a while.

Refer to the Joining post.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
the randy dero

Post by the randy dero »

They obviously have too much time on their hands, wish I had such a luxury. Thanks anyway, I just wanted to let someone know.
Stephen
raybak

Post by raybak »

Seems like a big hit from the spammers in the last 4 days, must have got onto a forum database somewhere. There have been 3 new spammers sign up while I have been online tonight.

I will look at a way to stop it. I'll report back tomorrow night.

Cheers

Ray Baker
At a rally somewhere
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

The new version of the PHPBB software was announced this week, I've downloaded the software and am currently reading through the instructions, hoping to install soon.
I have a question in with the developers at present, because in the update notes it says that I must install in a new directory and then run update. but I want to retain the "forum" sub folder, otherwise everyone bookmark doesn't work.
SO just hang in there for a little while longer.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
Dr Goggles

newest member

Post by Dr Goggles »

......moments before I posted this I noticed that our newest member was Jesus dp5....... maybe his mum bought it for him as an early birthday present...............

"and three wise men bearing ( solid , roller or ball?) gifts..Gold Frankincense, Mihr and a membership to the DLRA........"
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
DLRA 112

Re: newest member

Post by DLRA 112 »

Dr Goggles wrote:......moments before I posted this I noticed that our newest member was Jesus dp5....... maybe his mum bought it for him as an early birthday present...............

"and three wise men bearing ( solid , roller or ball?) gifts..Gold Frankincense, Mihr and a membership to the DLRA........"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Merry Christmas..
Member DLRA 112.