Class Clarification

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

Graeme H

Class Clarification

Post by Graeme H »

The RZ500 I plan to run at the Lake has a standard frame and modified engine and exhaust sytem. The RZ originally come with a fairing as standard but I am running a later model race fairing and seat body work.
Wha class does that make the bike?
MPS/G
P/G
M/G

If I run the bike with no fairing what class would that make it?
ImageImage
hawkwind racing

Post by hawkwind racing »

I think we have spoken on the phone ? could be wrong as I talk to plenty of blokes
forget about 'production' it has been modified so
1. with fairing MPS/G 500 provided you are using petrol
2. without fairing M/G 500
simple as that
cheers
gary
Graeme H

Post by Graeme H »

Thanks Gary
I think you are right we may have spoken on the phone. Someone here was suggesting that I may have had the class wrong
I thought it best t double check. Still a bit to do but should make it ok
Graeme
ben james

Post by ben james »

what a gorgous old bike, i remember when a mate of mine bought one of those brand new when they were first released. i had a ride & it wasn't any good on the street but great on the track.
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
Graeme H

Post by Graeme H »

I have always wanted an RZ500 and was lucky enough to get this one the the movie the worlds fastest Indian was released and the rest is history.

Ben you are right about your description of the bike, basically they were top heavy and needed a lot of revs before anything happened,

Once I removed the standard exhaust sytem and put the expansion chambers on the difference was amazing. She turns in beautifully. A completely difeerent bike to ride.

Cant wait to put her through her paces at the Lake. If time permits you should take her for a spin at the lake
GH
ben james

Post by ben james »

i'll take you up on that graham, the sound of a 2 stroke when you're riding it is just too cool for school 8)
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
ben james

Post by ben james »

oh yeah graham, don't worry you won't be the only 2 stroke there.
steve barnett will be there with his gt750 & brett desloop with his 1000cc methanol fuelled water bottle as well. bretts bike has real 200mph potential as he is not lacking in power & has got a good aero package.
in 06 when we were there he got that thing up to 184 mph on his gps. he was only let down by having his water tank behind his seat & the thing started weaving like crazy. but thats all fixed.
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
hawkwind racing

Post by hawkwind racing »

I predict some very interesting times ahead , if only half the ppl turn up that have spoken to me through the past couple of months , very interesting , Im hoping that our first 200+ runs will happen on bikes not of the busa /zx12/14 models , maybe our first 200 naked and 200 aircooled .
I did hear that the lake still has plenty of water on it still ,waiting on the next report to confirm or dispell
cheers