Landracing.com Gooooone?

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

Dreamliner 200

Landracing.com Gooooone?

Post by Dreamliner 200 »

Site down? :shock:

Noooo :evil:

Looks like the admin / powers that be had enough of the bickering?

To me it didn't seem that bad? I'd rather have the site with all the niggles than no site at all :roll:

Admin mesage currently displayed:

"It's easy for most to complain on the sideline about a decision, since I can't keep everybody happy, and can't keep good members who actually help here, due to being harrassed Ive decided to just shut the board down instead of trying to moderate it and keep everybody happy. It just can't be done. It's also easy to say why, bring back whomever, why isn't he posting etc. There is history there already. This forum system was intended to be used for public consuption not personal agendas, constant bashings, harrassing of other members ideas and trials. Until I find a way to better manage it, the site will be offline. As they say, a few spoil it for everybody. This has been an ongoing problem which I don't forsee a resolution for everybody."
DLRA Member 752
Livin' the dream!
Reverend Hedgash

Post by Reverend Hedgash »

Yeah, hilarious isn't it?

The niggles were a sign of a bubbling free community but in the land of free speech and crap democracy it imploded.

As above so it is below.

Reverend Hedgash
DLRA Member#412
Dr Goggles

Re: Landracing.com Gooooone?

Post by Dr Goggles »

Dreamliner 200 wrote:Site down? :shock:

Noooo :evil:

Looks like the admin / powers that be had enough of the bickering?

To me it didn't seem that bad? I'd rather have the site with all the niggles than no site at all :roll:

.....the saddest part is that the reasoning and motivation behind barring Jack Dolan which is what precipitated the shutdown are difficult to agree with on free speech principles. The two most incendiary posts were by Jon the administrator and Carl Johansen who has a history of snarling at people who don't agree with him.

Me and Hawkwind got snuffed early in the scrap....

Sad .

Now , who wants a barney.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
Last edited by Dr Goggles on Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Hmmm.
Might be a good time to remind you all of the Rules and Guidelines and Terms and Conditions (Especially the section titled "Communication Facilities") of the DLRA website and forum.

At the moment I can moderate the forum by myself, but if things got much busier I'd be looking for some help. We have been very lucky on this forum that almost everyone RESPECTS each other and I have not had to delete one post.

Mind you if the situation arose the offenders would be gone in an instant. Let this be your first and only warning.

This is a public forum and anything you post here can be seen anywhere around the world and will be indexed by search engines etc. So think hard before type that next post or reply.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
Dreamliner 200

Post by Dreamliner 200 »

Hmm yes, OK, I re-read the Rules, and the terms!

I like this one!

2. Ignore bothersome members. If there is someone on the forum that bothers you, select the Ignore button (VIEW IMAGE) at the top right corner of the post. You won't see any posts from this member again.

I don't want to spread the arguments and personal issues from there over to here, so I won't comment, but as a 'newbie' I get to lose my rich source of info. :(

I have quickly realised that this sport is quite different to other motorsport, and it's easy to come in with preconceived ideas.... like lighter is quicker...right? :oops:

So I am thirsty for all this stuff that these older guys know, LSR is an old established scene over there, and most stuff has been seen and done before. However they do seem to have their differences on what works and what doesn't. This can quickly lead to grief, particularly when safety is an issue.

Also I wonder about the commercial side of things, some people are clearly making their living out of LSR, whereas over here the salt is the last bastion of the amateur, I love that! :) Obviously though if you attack someone and affect their ability to 'earn a crust', it's gonna get nasty :shock:

I also see the issue of moderation, someone has to take the time to do it and the more grief, the more moderation required.

Good job everyone here seems to get on! :?:
DLRA Member 752
Livin' the dream!
Dr Goggles

well said

Post by Dr Goggles »

beautifully put 200....

right on every count.

The meet got cancelled,landracing is off air.....man, it's like this is the last pub in town :lol: :lol:

keep those lines cool webmaster..... :wink:
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Dreamliner 200

Post by Dreamliner 200 »

Awww shucks :oops: thanks Dr :D

Like you say, the last pub in town, good job I get to quench my thirst this weekend at the NSW meeting.

Should actually get to meet some of these 'salty' types :lol:

I would love to see Sum, Willie and some of those practical 'hands on' sort of guys posting more on here now maybe? At least until normal service resumes!
DLRA Member 752
Livin' the dream!
hawkwind racing

another dummy spit

Post by hawkwind racing »

Firstly its Jon Amo's site and he makes the decisions as he pleases ,but its his baby ,I suspect it wont be off line to long ,though some members may not be invited to re apply for access :cry: ' I hope that resource is not lost as landracing .com was/is a ripper site ,that said IMHO the fights and squables were of a very minor nature compaired to other sites I visit and comment on and im at a loss why the big dummy spit ?? oh well the world will keep revolving .
cheers
gary
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

some of you blokes may like a bit of a stoush, good for you, no worries :) ,,,, i`m too old for that crap 8) ,, when you ask advice and get abused with false accusations and induendo, that thay cant back up, it kinda leaves a dirty taste in ya mouth :roll: , and i guess little jon has had enough of trying to police such bullshit :wink:
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
ben james

Post by ben james »

as the old saying go's, stress less.
working in a motorcycle workshop i see a lot of mechanics rubbishing other peoples work.
they do this to self inflate their opinions of themselves.
i think it's why humans seem to love killing each other.
some of the best tradesman i have seen will never rubbish another mans work. bad tradesmans work will speak for itself.
it dissapoints me for a site like landracing to shut down.
i get the most knowledge from listening to people,asking questions & then trying out ideas. the only person i have to impress in this world is me.
and don't forget it's all about the bikes & the racing. :roll:
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
hawkwind racing

new lsr site

Post by hawkwind racing »

Well Im a member of Keith Turks landspeed list ( an email based list) and have been reading the chat about the shut down ,some mixed reactions but all regret the closure and hope it comes back on line ,the blame game places the closure on a few loudmouths as expected ,but the interesting reaction is a financial one ,many believe the minor ragging was an excuse to shut down because Jon can no longer afford to keep it running ( he has just moved house ) and is being encouraged to open it as a business where ppl will have to pay for access ?? time will tell.
Posted on this mailing list is an invitation to join a new landspeed site which has just come on line ,I assume in response to the closure of Jon's site here are the details if interested
http://www.justracecars.com/yabb
cheers
grumm441

Post by grumm441 »

Well the message has changed on landracing

Forums will be back online in a few days. Due to the high demand for them back, with changes. Some new systems will be in place stay tuned.... Your Landracing.com Team - ME and HER

So I guess it will be back soon
They make it
I make it work
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Jeeez

A bloke goes missing for a few days and they shut a website down on him! I didn't get to see the feathers fly. I've seen a few posts on this site that you think are pushing the envelope but they tend to get ignored and forgotten and this is the best treatment.

At the moment I can moderate the forum by myself, but if things got much busier I'd be looking for some help.

Happy to help if you need it down the track. I tend to get on the site several times a day when I want to escape the silliness of working for a living.

Lynchy
PJQ2

Post by PJQ2 »

We've seen the outcome of the lurking conflict of a private commercial venture hosting a public forum.
Disagree with the boss = get the chop. Bad vibes on our club run forum won't result in a site shut down.

I hesitated donating $$ to Landracing because of the conflict, but after a while the wallet opened. There's enormous value in the posted info and the community is excellent, and I wanted to pitch-in for the running costs. I don't feel ripped-off, but it is disappointing.
Regs,
PJQ
Velocity Science Laboratories
firemanjim

Post by firemanjim »

I certainly would be willing to subscribe,have donated for several years now anyway. The information exchange is priceless.