New XO/VGC

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

BOB ELLIS

New XO/VGC

Post by BOB ELLIS »

Maybe this is how it should be!??!Took 2 weeks to get it going,drives unreal.Try and park a new car fo 40 years,dont think the result would be the same.
Any one put there in Forum land know where i can get some new points & a rotor for a 216 ci Stovebolt?The ones we got are Ok but dont think they will last long,
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Bloody hell Bob!

We were there less than a week ago and the old girl has turned into a race car!

You haven't built up a decent motor for the XY in your spare time as well have you???

Lynchy
Dr Goggles

Sparrows

Post by Dr Goggles »

Lynchy wrote:Bloody hell Bob!
We were there less than a week ago and the old girl has turned into a race car!
You haven't built up a decent motor for the XY in your spare time as well have you???
Lynchy

Jeez early start Lynchy, did you sh** the bed??...you're right though...he ain't muckin' around , however as I pointed out to Bob in an email I'm absolutely certain I can see daylight under that Chev...
:lol: :lol:

Oh, and by the way that "decent motor" will probably have a dizzy at the back... :D

World's Fastest Concreter wrote:Any one put there in Forum land know where i can get some new points & a rotor for a 216 ci Stovebolt?The ones we got are Ok but dont think they will last long,

This might be sacrilege but you'd be lookin to put late model guts in it wouldn't ya?
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Rob

Post by Rob »

From the two photos I've seen that looks like a mint body Bob.

I reckon Peter will know where to get points but he's awol for xmas. I checked Napa and they list Echlin part # CS63A, Std Duty CS763A and Heavy Duty CS763P.

If you can't get Echlin you should be able to cross reference the above.

Now with some Fenton headers, triple inlet fuzzy dice, flame throwers and a sombrero :wink:

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
the randy dero

Post by the randy dero »

Beautiful body. New cars can't compare.
Stephen
grumm441

Re: New XO/VGC

Post by grumm441 »

BOB ELLIS wrote:Maybe this is how it should be!??!Took 2 weeks to get it going,drives unreal.Try and park a new car fo 40 years,dont think the result would be the same.
Any one put there in Forum land know where i can get some new points & a rotor for a 216 ci Stovebolt?The ones we got are Ok but dont think they will last long,

I could probably help you out with points, but you would have to take the whole motor and gearbox out of my '41 pickup as well as it will be looking for a new home as well
Gray
They make it
I make it work
penny

new points and rotor

Post by penny »

get on to u tube and search "antique auto supply".new points, NO PROBLEM
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

Sit back Bob,,
LaLaLand customs inc. will work on it for ya.....
Tiny
Last edited by gennyshovel on Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
OLDtimer

Post by OLDtimer »

Thats more like it !!! Gotta be chopped ! Pete DLRA #6
BOB ELLIS

Post by BOB ELLIS »

That's the plan!Genny,unfortunately you are no good at top chops(Look what ya dun ta the back window,can't get a window rubber to fit that shape!)
Also ,was only looking at a 2" chop,not 2 3/4". Dunno how you did the pic,but pretty close to how I want it to end up.
Cheers , Bob.
hawkwind racing

Post by hawkwind racing »

Bob , cubic dollars to make that thing go fast ,and a very big bucket of raw HP ,jeez you car blokes ,your a strange breed :D :P best of luck with the build bloke
cheers
fastest busa in Captains flat pop. 200
Dr Goggles

The customer is always right.............

Post by Dr Goggles »

BOB ELLIS wrote:(Look what ya dun ta the back window,can't get a window rubber to fit that shape!)
Also ,was only looking at a 2" chop,not 2 3/4". Dunno how you did the pic,but pretty close to how I want it to end up.
Cheers , Bob.

no sooner said than done!!, but you should've dumped her in the weeds while you were there Tiny :wink:

nice job......
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Rob

Post by Rob »

Not perfect but..

I still say don't disturb nearly 60 years of great patina but it's your car Bob.

A belated Merry Xmas guys,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
Stovebolt

Post by Stovebolt »

now thats what we need out here, some more inliner racers ;)

I may have some speed parts for this engine, PM me
BOB ELLIS

Post by BOB ELLIS »

Tiny,Rob,Dr G,don,t know how you guy's did the pic's of the coupe,but very well done(you missed a bit of rust under the back guard,other than that,it'll do!) Cheers,Bob.