FAREWELL DON NOBLE.

News and Business that directly relates to Queensland members

Moderators: DLRA, momec3

BOB ELLIS

FAREWELL DON NOBLE.

Post by BOB ELLIS »

Don & his partner Marg are moving off to NZ next week.

So we are having a farewell gathering/lunch on Sat 28th March at Noon.

The venue---The Meadowbrook Tavern.
Cnr of Loganlea Rd & LoganDowns Dr.
UBD ref: Map 242...L 19.
Noon..Sat 28th March.

Come and wish them good bye & good luck,and have a feed and an ale or two.(Not a free shout-everyone pays their way)

For those of you that can't be there,Feel free to send any messages for Don to my Email...Cambridgemotorsport@bigpond.com.
DLRA
Site Admin

Bon Voyage

Post by DLRA »

Don I'm not saying goodbye, just see you later.
'cause I know there is going to be a next time and hopefully that will be on the Big White Dyno.

What you give you get back in spades, and you my friend, we ain't finished with you yet.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
David Leikvold

cya

Post by David Leikvold »

Yeah Don, thanks for putting on all those meetings at your shed, thanks for the effort you put into finding us a Queensland venue and thanks for minding my bike when the battery died. You're one of nature's gentlemen and the QTA, such as it is, will be poorer for your absence. See you at the next Speedweek.
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
Rob

Post by Rob »

Special thanks to Don for helping me not only make it to the lake this year but for lending his experience as to what to take/not take and the like. Also for the many stops on the dirt driving in to Mt Ive to "take in the scenery" :wink:

Rumour has it that Don is switching to two wheels and will be back next year around March.

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Don

I'm not going to be able to make it to the farewell. But it's not "goodbye" just "till we meet again". They may have long beaches in NZ but they don't have salt lakes. I'm sure we're going to see you back at Lake G at some stage to try and raise the cultural tone of the shearers camp with your classical music (or is it the Hawaiian music).

Make sure you pass on your email address and new phone numbers in case any of us get over to NZ. I'm sure Bob will visit occasionally? I'll give it a go sometime......maybe?

Do they have internet in NZ? You can do a build page on the Stagea!

FYI - For those that don't know Don. Here's the beast:

Undefeated, I believe!!!!!

Lynchy
Dr Goggles

2roo

Post by Dr Goggles »

Don , for anyone who ain't had the pleasure is a great bloke and an enigma .Classical music and Jappers.........I remember the first time I met you at the lake Don, you're a classic and one of the people who make it all that much more interesting . Luck in your travels, I'll see you at the lake.

Dr G
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
momec

Post by momec »

Don
By us attending this Saturday is that like a guarantee that you'll go. :lol: :lol:

Definantly be there
Chris
Acme Racing #251
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

C Hanlon wrote:Don
By us attending this Saturday is that like a guarantee that you'll go. :lol: :lol:

Definantly be there
Chris

:lol: :lol: :lol: nup , all this attention , hehe may hang around for a while :lol: :lol: :lol: yep am going tickets booked fly out on Tuesday
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
RED NISSAN WAGON 1986 # 281
2002 F/PRO 125.4 MPH RECORD
2003 F/PRO 140.2 MPH RECORD
2005 F/GC 137.9 MPH RECORD
2006 F/GC 141.1 MPH RECORD
1/4 mile ( drags ) @ Willowbank 14.15 @ 97.61 mph August 2006