Queensland BBQ Feb 7th

News and Business that directly relates to Queensland members

Moderators: DLRA, momec3

Lynchy

Queensland BBQ Feb 7th

Post by Lynchy »

Dear all

Change of plans.... The Toowoomba swap meet is on the weekend of the 6th and 7th so we should change the date to the 7th Feb. I also discovered that I got the name of the park wrong!!!!! The one I had in mind was the Logan River Parklands - Alex Clark Park is on the other side of the river!

So the revised details are:

Sunday the 7th February starting at 9:00am till around 12:00pm
Logan River Parklands off Service Road/Blackbird Street Beenleigh

I'll bring sausages and bread + the other bits and pieces - it won't be as well catered as the last Barbie but it is just a get together before March. I spoke with Bob Ellis (he'll be attending in his 39 coupe) and we'll also plan ongoing get togethers from here on in.

Here's a link to the map:

http://www.whereis.com/qld/beenleigh?id ... f=emailmap

See you all soon
Lynchy
Mike Riddell

Feb 7

Post by Mike Riddell »

I'll be there (2 of us) and will bring the bike (Dorothy)
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

Gees , you can count Mathew out , crikey Toowoomba swap meet , he still be there SCROUNGING thru the trash cans long after everybodies gone home .... sorry Mathew .... :lol:
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
RED NISSAN WAGON 1986 # 281
2002 F/PRO 125.4 MPH RECORD
2003 F/PRO 140.2 MPH RECORD
2005 F/GC 137.9 MPH RECORD
2006 F/GC 141.1 MPH RECORD
1/4 mile ( drags ) @ Willowbank 14.15 @ 97.61 mph August 2006
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Don

I take you will be an absentee then? I think we'd rather see you at the lake anyway.

Lynchy
hellangel

Post by hellangel »

i will be there, along with a mate who is also very interested in learning what we can :)
V8 KILR - 721 rwhp @ 19 psi on pump fuel
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

Lynchy wrote:Don

I take you will be an absentee then? I think we'd rather see you at the lake anyway.

Lynchy

:? Lets have the meeting at my place next time :? ( here in NZ ) ???????
Sorry I cant be at ya meeting .But this weekend I be going to my 1st motorsport event since I went to last yrs DLRA event . Going to the Motorcycle Classic Festival at PUKEKOHE ( Auckland ) gunna see a whole lot of magic old bikes and older type riders do their stuff , literally going hell for leather ....
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
RED NISSAN WAGON 1986 # 281
2002 F/PRO 125.4 MPH RECORD
2003 F/PRO 140.2 MPH RECORD
2005 F/GC 137.9 MPH RECORD
2006 F/GC 141.1 MPH RECORD
1/4 mile ( drags ) @ Willowbank 14.15 @ 97.61 mph August 2006
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Guys

Don't forget to bring a chair, there may not be enough to go around and whatever you are drinking (hopefully you'll bring enough of that to go around). Dennis Campbell has emailled all local members an invite and based on rsvp's to date we will have a small crowd. Good stuff!

All lurkers feel free to attend if you are interested in coming to the lake or finding out more about LSR cars and bikes, most of us don't bite - some do.... Just give me a bit of an idea because I've got to buy snags. Yatala Pie Shop is just down the road so if we run out, you'll know where to go.

Lynchy
hellangel

Post by hellangel »

hi,

thanks for puttin on the bbq today, it was nice to meet some ppl from the forum. It definately gave me a little more information on how everything goes about.

cheers

Terry
V8 KILR - 721 rwhp @ 19 psi on pump fuel
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Yeah, a great day for a BBQ.

Flooding rains across Brisbane and an inch of water flowing through the park's shelter. The Logan River flowing nearby ready to break it's banks and around 20 DLRA members actually showed up. Weather extremes are just expected by the diehard members of the DLRA.... Scott Greenham actually had water over the bonnet and in the cab of his 4X4 just to attend!

I was at the park with my son at 8am to make sure we could grab a shelter, I could have slept in a bit as the only other punters out that morning were a couple of young female backpackers camping in a station wagon...... don't know what that was about but at least they were good looking.

Met a few new people Hellangel and his mate (a couple of rice boys with Supra's - will be good to see them out on the lake), a few old faces and the regulars. Everyone toey for a return to the lake.

I bought a copy of Scooter Trash's (Scott's) video: "The Great Salt Lake" and watched it this afternoon. A great video of what it takes to get to the Lake and race (starring Bob Ellis, thankfully no undie shots or the fishnets). He'll have copies at the Lake this year, make sure you get one.

Lynchy
David Leikvold

Post by David Leikvold »

Paul, despite the weather that was a good venue and handy for most people. It was only 30 minutes from my place. Let's do it again soon after Speedweek.
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!