BAR- BEE- QUE

News and Business that directly relates to Queensland members

Moderators: DLRA, momec3

ROSS BROWN

BAR- BEE- QUE

Post by ROSS BROWN »

WHAT / WHERE / WHEN
What : Stand around & tell and stories of what did happen ,what could happen and inevitably what will happen !
Where : Here at my joint , if no other suitable cave can be found !
When : The 3rd of October appears to be the first tentative date.

ANY TAKERS .
IT IS ALL A RACE AGAINST TIME.
TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE.

HOW FAST CAN YOU GO ?

S/UF 925
lag waggon

Re: BAR- BEE- QUE

Post by lag waggon »

Sounds good Ross, but i wont be able to make it as i'll be off to Bathurst that weekend. The 17th would be good :) if not i'll see you next time i drop by. Nathan.
#680 *TEAM KRAZY*
Live Life In The Fast Lane.
2010 MPS/G 650 144.057 mph
ROSS BROWN

Post by ROSS BROWN »

What :Ya walking there Nathan .Practice doesn't start till Thursday :shock: Yea I know It's the big one ,Good luck to ya's, wish I was going 8)
Just trying to put a Queensland meeting together before the Victorian meeting so Lynchy's got something to jabber about when gets there. :P
TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE.

HOW FAST CAN YOU GO ?

S/UF 925
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Just a reminder guys. BBQ at Ross's shop for all the Qld guys. Feedback required for the Melbourne meeting as I'll be going down.

Can you please reply if you are likely to attend?

Thanks
Lynchy
David Leikvold

Post by David Leikvold »

I should be there Paul. There's something on at Lakeside that weekend but I'm sure I can do both. Thanks to Ross for being the new Don Noble :shock:! Want to pick your brain about Bonneville start line and shutdown area procedures too, I was watching the video "Hoof Hearted" posted of his clever sidecar at Bonneville. The bikes were leaving every 2 minutes 30 seconds. That's 24 runs an hour.
Cheers
Dave
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
momec

Post by momec »

I'll be there Ross.
What time is kick off?
Chris
Acme Racing #251
ROSS BROWN

Post by ROSS BROWN »

David Leikvold wrote:Thanks to Ross for being the new Don Noble !
Take a bit to full those boots Dave ! Wish you were here Don.

10 O'clock or there abouts .
.The street is cut in half by the train lines , The workshop is in the long half next to the trian lines by the park .
If there's people out there with an interest in LSR & would like to meet the people and be a part of the LSR comunity you are WELCOME to come along.
TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE.

HOW FAST CAN YOU GO ?

S/UF 925
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

Wish I could have been there .How did it all go ? By the way , Bob Ellis has got my old BBQ , many a fine snag been burnt on that .
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
RED NISSAN WAGON 1986 # 281
2002 F/PRO 125.4 MPH RECORD
2003 F/PRO 140.2 MPH RECORD
2005 F/GC 137.9 MPH RECORD
2006 F/GC 141.1 MPH RECORD
1/4 mile ( drags ) @ Willowbank 14.15 @ 97.61 mph August 2006
David Leikvold

Post by David Leikvold »

Don, it went well. Very small turn up compared to our last couple at the river parklands at Beenleigh but we got the chance to see Ross' very impressive streamliner. A few of us tried to sit in it but with varying degrees of success. Ross built it to suit himself (of course) and he's about my size. Paul had a go but gave up when he couldn't even get one of his shoulders into the roll cage, let alone his head! Trevor's streamliner is far more accommodating. Ross builds and races speedway sidecars and we had a look at some of the interesting bikes and metal working machinery he's collected over the years. The most intriguing thing was a small cam lathe probably dating from before WW11. It's a totally mechanical version of a modern CNC production lathe and works very well.
We also took the opportunity to discuss what Paul had learned at Bonneville and how these ideas might help Speedweek along. With plenty of Aussie eyes there this year I'm sure there'll be plenty of things to discuss. Ross cooked up a good feed for everyone and we stayed out of the rain. By any standard the meeting was a success. More members should try to turn up for the next one.
Cheers
Dave :D
OLDtimer

Post by OLDtimer »

Here in S.A. I have all this states members on an email list, those without email get a snail mail notification of impending get togethers, we have 30 to 40 turn up each time. Perhaps you guys should try that. Pete.DLRA #6.
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Pete

We usually get a better turnout but we seem to invite rain whenever we get together. The last time we got together Scott (Scooter) had to drive his Land Rover through water over his bonnet to attend. That's dedication!

Lynchy
Havachat

Post by Havachat »

G'day guys from Bris gang. Team Crazy boys ( Nat & Craig) would have liked to have attended the meet, but we had a family wedding to attend. Although it didn't get under way 'til 4pm, mother of the Bestman & wife of Father of the groom, didn't think it was acceptable that we attend the BBQ/chat session.
Yes the rain was a pain in the head as the service was suppose to have been outside. No sunshine & flowers in the photos, just rain drops & puddles.
The long term project car under construction at home, won't be getting to the Lake anytime soon, as another 2 wheel project is underway.
Nat did hit the road this morn early, & has landed in Bathurst for a dose of V8's, & probably more rain. Can't wait for Speed week 011.
Cheers for now. :twisted: Nat. :lol: Craig.
PS never been on before now as son didn't want father to embaress him. Can't promise that of course.
Keep the H.P. burning & the wheels turning
David Leikvold

Post by David Leikvold »

Craig, a friend of mine was telling me the other night that a mate of his has to go to a wedding this Sunday! Who books a wedding the same day as Bathurst?? I'm sure we'll see you at the next BBQ. Looking forward to hearing about the new project. Don't worry about embarrassing your children, everything we say and do in public has that effect. Plus it's fun!

Cheers
Dave :D
Havachat

Post by Havachat »

G'day Dave
All I can say is, that bride has no heart. :lol:
Maybe Ross has some responsibility for Nats new project?
What you say Ross?
All I know at this moment is that it won't have 3 engines. :roll:
Keep the H.P. burning & the wheels turning
ROSS BROWN

Post by ROSS BROWN »

Sorry about "tardy " reply Craig :?
But only spotted your post yesterday.
RE : Nathans new project
If there is one thing thats trully loveable about Land Speed Racing, " is within reason "
The right to use your imagination, both streamliner & A class bike are somewhat of a ' free for all ' in design,
One ya sit in ....... and ........ One ya sit on

I do belive Nathan wants to sit on his :D
Lets see what his IMAGINATION comes up with 8)
TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE.

HOW FAST CAN YOU GO ?

S/UF 925