Re: HOT ROD SHOW

Post by Lynchy »

I was there - didn't see you

:roll:
ROSS BROWN

Post by ROSS BROWN »

Well...............
Hitch hiked my way down there Saturday morning (reason being .... if the " plucka's " catch me at the controls of an automobile again they'll put me in one of the Queens " no star hotels " and told me that they would issue me a new girlfriend that had a " widdle " :shock: and said something about me getting to eat a lot of "black pudding " :? and since I dont really like black pudding I choose NOT to drive.) But anyway got there at 8am ,sneaked in the trades entrance,
met Rod hatfield at 10 O'clock and worked the stand till 4 O'clock , All in all had a pretty good day, sold a dozen odd shirts signed up a new member flogged off some out of date sickers and posters and had a general "YAK" 8)
Would have taken some photos. but a 2 year old terriost has visited the work shop . and if he wasn't throwing taps and dies around he was kicking the dog.
turned my head for a second and he had my camera by the tail ( enough said) ..... henc no updates on my build diaries lately .

Did how ever pinch this photo of a NZ hot rod site ( thanks Bob )

Sorry I couldn't make it Sunday :oops:
IT IS ALL A RACE AGAINST TIME.
TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE.

HOW FAST CAN YOU GO ?

S/UF 925
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Ross

I picked up Bob on Sunday after an all night Christmas Party and we did the Sunday shift until stumps. It seemed busyish in the morning and tapered off a lot in the afternoon. Sold a few shirts...a few posters...Bob chatted to a few people who were interested. Some old bloke came up and thanked me for putting on the whole hot rod show..... go figure??

Bob's mate won best roadster (I think that was the trophy) on it's debut.

Lynchy
David Leikvold

Post by David Leikvold »

I got there on Saturday night around 6pm. Matt Saunders was on the stand with Rod Hadfield and Norm Hardinge who had his Aussie Desert Coolers stand right alongside. I bought Norm's Bonneville 2 disc DVD, it is very good and if you don't already have a copy you should get one. Lucky Trevor decided not to put his streamliner on display, there was no room. I'm not convinced the new venue is any improvement, it is nowhere near the size or versatility of the traditional Ekka venue and there were significantly less cars, probably only about a quarter of what we're used to. It was very quiet and most of the traders were sitting around with nothing to do. I've seen almost as many cars at Harry's Diner at Newmarket on a Friday night. Despite that, the standard of cars was good and quite a few were for sale. I'll have the black '69 Camaro SS thanks :) .

Cheers
Dave :D
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Dave

I think the guy with the black Camaro was talking to Bob about building a car up for the salt?????

Lynchy
David Leikvold

Post by David Leikvold »

Hopefully he'll have better luck than this Camaro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk5DTlgAtt4

Cheers
Dave :D
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!