Any members with room for another bike enroute 2011 event

News and Business that directly relates to Queensland members

Moderators: DLRA, momec3

gennyshovel

Any members with room for another bike enroute 2011 event

Post by gennyshovel »

Are there any Qld members interested in picking up a little Honda CBR250 from Mudgeeraba Qld 4213 on the way to the 2011 speedweek event?
If you have "spare " room and would like some extra fuel $'s for dropping the bike off in Broken Hill on your way through. please contact me ASAP.
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
PLUCKA

Re: Any members with room for another bike enroute 2011 even

Post by PLUCKA »

Did you buy another bike big fella.?
How are you guys looking for this year?

Plucka
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

Yeah Plucka,,the brain gears are turnin' , the postie still waits for its fairing to grow, the missus is crook, I won't :cry: be lakeside this year, Kenny is having dunny withdrawals while he's busy stripping and repairing ALL his brother in law's vehicles / stationary engines due to flodding on his property, so he's out,,Frase will be in the USA spoiling his missus @ Lost Vegas on her birthday,,whick leaves the Clare boys and their lakester , Andy J has found his lakesters power band :shock:
Oge's nose now looks like miss pat's , rather than Mr Squiggle's , Brother Oge's should have his Magna ready, and Phill Cvirn has dusted off his Shovel , and his head gaskets are worried.
Tiny DLRA# 484
momec3

Post by momec3 »

Sorry Tiny.
We will battle to fit a toothbrush the way its looking. I think if they hold the toothbrushes out the window for the trip all my spares and tools will fit.

Chris

Thanks Greg I,m back
Chris
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

Sorrie mate, no room, and i leave the coast road just south of Rockie,,,,
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
PLUCKA

Post by PLUCKA »

Tiny
Sorry to hear you won't be there, :( Im even sorrier to hear that you girl is crock :( mate we will miss you this year

Plucka
ROSS BROWN

Post by ROSS BROWN »

Tiny

My transport situation around here is some what shocking at the best of times... :oops:

So what I can't do is get the bike here, So if you can get it here I'll find a way of getting it to Broken hill..

Old Dennis and myself will be leaving from here on wednesday the 16th we are travelling in an 80 something Mitsubishi ute with a trailer in check. Dennis has been to the salt , I think about 8 times ..... now that should really be 10 ..but set backs in the last events failed to see him arrive. In 09 the little Ford ute blew a head gasket going up the range .. end of story
In 2010 the little Ford ute , this time in which yours trully was a passenger made it this time to Bogabilla before seizing a timing belt tensioner ,which in turn stripped the belt... Allways the optimist ......We can fix this and armed with a 4 inch cresent and a pair of side cutters we procceded to pull the front engine components of to get to the belt. I remember thinking "all good all good" we can fix this ..... Until the rocker cover came off ....... BENT VALVES :evil:

So anyway .. My track record of getting to the Salt is .... Salt: 1 ... Ross: 0....
It Is now 2011 and weve updated to a 80 something Mitsubishi ute . Not a bad little ute ..... but I do believe it has a waterpump issue and Dennis believes that it doesn't.. " Catch 22 " so in my stack of spare parts I will be hiding a 80s something mitsubishi ute waterpump... I'm hoping it Shits itself early on in the journey so I dont have to spend 4 and half thousand kilometers blankly steering at a temperature guage.
BUT ALL GOOD :D
Get the little 250 here and let Dennis and company worry about the rest..... The Maybe or Maybe not motorcycle transport company is at your service..... :mrgreen:
IT IS ALL A RACE AGAINST TIME.
TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE.

HOW FAST CAN YOU GO ?

S/UF 925
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

No problems fellas, plan A was to drive up with Wilso in the little ute (it knows the way)and pick it up, I just thought I'd offer anyone who could, a few hunnert skinnas and help both parties.
MMMM ? 2 drivers,3400 k's ,3 days holiday, but,,,,THE IN WRONG DIRECTION !,,Lake G's back down thataway :(
Tiny DLRA# 484
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

The bike is on its way, thanks to all who offered advice or apologies (not that there was a need to apologise)
Tiny DLRA# 484
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

ROSS BROWN wrote:..... but I do believe it has a waterpump issue and Dennis believes that it doesn't.. " Catch 22 " so in my stack of spare parts I will be hiding a 80s something mitsubishi ute waterpump... I'm hoping it Shits itself early on in the journey so I dont have to spend 4 and half thousand kilometers blankly steering at a temperature guage.
that, was funny. :lol: :lol:
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
momec3

Post by momec3 »

Ross
The only thing worse than 1 mechanic on a long trip in an old shitter is 2 mechanics.

Lloyd and I did the trip in 2000 in an old Corolla, it had a blown head gasket before we left home, Lloyd said "she'll be right I put in a bottle of chemiweld.....
I tended to aggree with him cause I did'nt want to work on the shitbox. So off we went. We got about 3 hrs out and the gauge started creeping up so we slowed down to balance it and after a while we were down to about 60 kph just to keep the gauge on the dial. By Mooree out of desperation we had to open the bonnet so you guessed it, more chemiweld.

This process was repeated all the way and the only hiccups were to get it started in the mornings after letting it cool, the cylinders would fill with water chemi mix and both hydraulic and half seeze but with effort she always started.

I think we used about a carton of chemiweld on the way home but she made it.
So whats Lloyd do, he sells it to a neighbour.
There is a moral to this story somewhere

Chris
Chris
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

The Chev truck in 2005.....dodgy coil that we only sorted when we finally got to within 170k's of Melbourne , by that time I reckon it could muster about 20hp.

The next year I drove my EH panel van that had lived a life of parts taken from other cars. On the freeway just out of Adelaide , yeah on the way downit threw the harmonic balancer , it was just getting dark. I pulled out the radiator( it was hot in there let me tell you), got out the little home made puller and got the spare balancer (yeah, I know) fitted in about 30mins......It went OK all the way to Iron Knob except for one moment on the road just before the Gutter where it just died , bleugh..... while we were doing 100k's..?????? started straight up again, I didn't want to look until later........So we stock up in the Gutter , as soon as we hit the dirt it starts running hotter....it was 46 degrees that day, the van has an area above your head that I swear is a perfectly shaped lens to focus radiant heat on your head.......it boiled about six times from there on and it was dangerous to get out of the car unless there was shade, needless to say it took ages to cool down each time. Had no trouble there except a brand new tyre got a cut from a rock that looked like it had been slashed by a machete...it was new because we'd had three flats on the way, by the way....oh yeah and I got a $295 speeding fine and lost my wallet with $550 in it when I got pulled up....I'd been bleating like a sheep and we were laughing so hard we missed the 60kmh sign........

Anyway...on the trip we home we ditched the trailer to the Chev...the car still boiled a couple of times on the way out and it felt weird too... and I didn't feel the best either...We got to Port Wakefield and I noticed that the replaced harmonic balancer had walked half off......the wrecker wanted $30 for one, it was so tight on the crank it broke my puller and he didn't have one,I left empty handed....We made it to Gawler and got to Repco 5 mins before it shut I bought a 2 cheap crap pullers and a new balancer for $20....we pulled up in a shady park next to the pool, the others went for a swim.....I realised then that I had diarhorea, and with the handy store bought pullers I had a big job on my hands getting the balancer off... it took about two and a half hours, it was 40 degrees.

It was a pretty uneventful trip home we didn't talk much because the gearbox was howling so loudly in top that it was hard to hear much..
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
momec3

Post by momec3 »

The things we do to go racing
Chris