The Bedourie Claypan Event

News and Business that directly relates to Queensland members

Moderators: DLRA, momec3

the goat

Re: The Bedourie Claypan Event

Post by the goat »

Hi People
Heard about the event through the Australian Hayabusa Forum.
Spoken to Chris. We are currently trying to organise a Hayabusa team.
Geg Watters has given fantastic advice on set up, apity he has bigger fish to fry as he would be a great asset to the event.
Look frward to meeting you all at the meet.

the goat
momec3

Post by momec3 »

Welcome aboard Goat,

At this time I have reserved "Team D" to you bloody mad bikers, I don't care if you fill it with Hayabusas or scooters. Will add to the mix.

Yes our first event will certainly be a steep learning curb about running fast on dirt. I want all entrants regardless of their background to remember this. It will be a new untried surface and we want to sneek up on it. By limiting entries this time it will allow each competitor time to do this in a safe gradual manner.

Team C has 1 spot left. Don't say you were'nt warned.

I have a reserve list going with expressions of interest from people that are either chasing money, holidays, permission from the wife etc so if you are in that catagory or simply require more info to make a decision please contact me asap as spots are filling fast.

Chris Hanlon
0409 637 096
momec7@queenslandtimingassociation.com
Chris
the goat

Post by the goat »

Hi Chris Im not the sharpest tool in the shed. But would you rather I fill team C, or be proactive and try and make team Hayabusa happen. Im a persistant bugger. Do we want more teams or am I ranting and was the last part of your post not directed at my aspirations? Will 3 teams cover costs? If so I will join team C? But I do want Busa buddies.

Regards
The Goat
momec3

Post by momec3 »

Sorry Goat,

We jumped to different pages, my mistake.
I am happy for "Team D" to be all yours and I will keep it open for you to find 4 more Busas.

If we get to the death, all other spots are subscribed, I still have inquires and "Team D" is not full I will talk to you then. Thanks and good luck. Keep me posted as you add guys in.

Chris
Chris
the goat

Post by the goat »

Sweet Chris,.I also understand your position. I stuck it to the crew on the Forum. Someone else commented that we had over 900 members yet couldn't get a team of 5 of the FASTEST PRODUCTION BIKES IN THE WORLD to get a bloody team together. The way I look at it, you don't ride your bike at the brochure. But thats me. A couple will confirm or recind next week as I gave them a time line. So we wont( I WONT) screw you around. Im up even if they are not. I'll start organising monies next week. Also, how many teams will it take to cover everything? Will 4 cut it?
Regards

The Goat
momec3

Post by momec3 »

The plan is all 6 Teams need to be subscribed fully.

Any monies left over from entry fees will be evenly distributed back to entrants after the meeting once all bills are paid if there is any change.
At this stage because we have not run a race meeting yet so we have no history to figure costing from.

This is one of the reasons we have made the steep entry fee, mainly to ensure we can get it off the ground.

Chris
Chris
GSUZ

Post by GSUZ »

Awesome news!! You can count me in Chris, if you plan a race meeting then ill do anything to be there and im happy to help with tech inspections if you require the help.. I will talk to some of the other SA guys tomorrow and get back to you ASAP with some idea on numbers. VERY excited!!!!
Shane Gaghan
DLRA#805
BOB ELLIS

Post by BOB ELLIS »

All is looking good for the first ever QTA event,if you want to be part of history , get in now before all spots are taken.
Now looks like we have a grandma car , and a yellow jalopy joining the ranks.
Chris will update later,

Bob.
the goat

Post by the goat »

Well Chris, I stirred the pot as much as possible.
I have 2 of us at the moment, however after talking to Greg Watters, he said there were a couple of experienced Dry lakers (bikes) floating around that you might be able to hook us up with form a bike team. He might have made some calls. I begged him. Ha!
I will give you a call today sometime.
Regards

Steve
The Goat
momec3

Post by momec3 »

OK,
Savro will be in Bedourie this week. We can expect an update on lots of local issues from him by the weekend.

"Team C" is now full. As Bob said we have Grandmas grocery getter with a history of picking up the salt. It's lunched itself lots of time too. Bit of an appetite for plastic the strange thing.

"Team D " Is now 2 confirmed Busas.

A Blown Dunnydoor is next, being a local in our neighbourhood we have popped him in a spare spot in "Team A".

The old Jalopy is in "Team E".

Looking good so far.

More news as things unfold,

Chris Hanlon
0409 637 096
momec7@queenslandtimingassociation.com
Chris
BOB ELLIS

Post by BOB ELLIS »

Looks like i will be borrowing Grandma's car a few times that week,

Bob.
momec3

Post by momec3 »

Well done Bob,

Would have hated to see you go rusty.

Chris
Chris
Jason P

Post by Jason P »

I don't which is the rustier,Bob or grandmas grocery getter
momec3

Post by momec3 »

Thanks Jason,
good to see some team work to get things to happen.

Dead phone today. Interest starting to taper?
9 spots left so don't send any money, we'll bill you.

Chris
Chris
grumm441

Post by grumm441 »

Well Chris
It looks like it's an international event now
http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.p ... cseen.html
I would love to attend but will be at an other international event in the US of A

G
They make it
I make it work