I didn't expect this...

News and Business that directly relates to Queensland members

Moderators: DLRA, momec3

David Leikvold

I didn't expect this...

Post by David Leikvold »

Last Tuesday I was at work and bored, so I got on the interwebby thing to help pass the time. I normally just check the news but this time I googled formula vee for sale. I used to have a new one many, many years ago when I lived in Sydney and I still like them. The first one that comes up on flea-bay is my old car and it's in Brendale. I own it again! It's hiding in my shed and I'm wondering how long it will be before She Who Must Be Obeyed notices it :wink:

Here's a link, it's the blue 43 car:

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=rennm ... tgPA&dpr=1

No, it is absolutely no use for Speedweek.
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
RGV

Re: I didn't expect this...

Post by RGV »

Great news Dave. WRX engine's are easy to come by. Some skinny wheels and 250+ HP?

Dave

Last Minute Racing
DLRA #928

2010 MPS/G 250 118 MPH
2011 Washed Out
2012 Washed Out
2013 MPS/G 250 131 MPH (RECORD)
2014 MPS/G 250 140 MPH (RECORD)
2015 MPS/F 250 DNF
2016 MPS/F 250 114 MPH (RECORD)
2017 MPS/F 250 DNF
David Leikvold

Re: I didn't expect this...

Post by David Leikvold »

I like the way you're thinking Dave, but the Vee chassis couldn't ever be made to comply with our safety rules. It is far more use as the circuit racer it already is. I have a better idea for the salt. A few more years on the start line and then have a go myself. At the moment a mate is planning a Hayabusa H/GL. He already has the engine. At the moment it's just a beautiful dream in Solidworks but eventually it will be ready. A mock up/prototype chassis in steel will be started by Christmas. We had an earlier prototype in pine but the design was very conventional and unlikely to give anything better than conventional results. I also have a tatty 20 year old Honda VFR750 sitting at home. It may well provide the engine for a J/BFS one day using the knowledge base from the lakester. We'll see.

:mrgreen:
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!