Welcome to our QUEENSLANDER FORUM

News and Business that directly relates to Queensland members

Moderators: DLRA, momec3

sledgehammer

hey guys

Post by sledgehammer »

hi all, found the forum and living in Qld so cant be all bad. Hope to get to know you all.
cheers
stuart
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

G'day Stuart

Keep checking this forum, we have get togethers every three months at Don Noble's workshop at Archerfield. Where abouts in QLD?

Lynchy
David Leikvold

can anyone help?

Post by David Leikvold »

Avid readers of this forum will know I am finally building a car, an '86 Celica with a turbo V6 Camry engine for F/BGALT and F/BGCC. Might even use nitrous and run the fuel classes too.
Unfortunately I'm building it in my backyard. I have a chainblock available but I don't have a frame to support it. Does anyone in Brisbane have anything safe they can lend me for a couple of weekends so that I can do the engine swap? You'd be welcome to help too, all helpers get beer! And a tired 2 litre Celica motor if you're really unlucky.
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
David Leikvold

finally!

Post by David Leikvold »

Nobody had any skyhooks so I built my own. The Celica engine is now sitting on the ground and the Camry is looking nervous. Two weeks to do a couple of hours work (if you know what you're doing) is pretty hopeless and doesn't bode well for being ready by March. Seems that just lately I've been busier than a Baghdad brickie. While I was helping a mate move house yesterday (see what I mean?) I met a Canadian mate of his who, before he moved here, used to often drive down to Bonneville. He knew Bert Munro, Ak Miller, Art Arfons, Mickey Thompson and lots of other names from the past. He hopes to get to Speedweek in '08. Team Celica is getting bigger all the time! I'll try to get him along to the next bushfire at Don's place.
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!