LAND SPEED RACING HAPPENS IN QUEENSLAND!

News and Business that directly relates to Queensland members

Moderators: DLRA, momec3

BOB ELLIS

Post by BOB ELLIS »

Lynchy , you ain't at one of Sydney gay bars again?? Oh ,I've run outa Crownies too.
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

you ain't at one of Sydney gay bars again??

Nah - not happy enough - not that there's anything wrong with that!

Oh ,I've run outa Crownies too.

I'm back in Qld this weekend, If i can start the car, I'll park it in your front yard for a few weeks.........
but then you'd probably put it in the bus and bring it down to SA as a push car!!!!
Reverend Hedgash

Post by Reverend Hedgash »

Oh yeah, Welcome to the club rogue666!

There is another RX7 chappy (well, a redhead) who already has done some hard yards at getting a 13b to speed.

Should be good to give him some competition.

Rev. H+
DLRA Member#412
rogue666

Class

Post by rogue666 »

Thank you Mr Hedgash for the warm welcome.

To answer Bob, my car is standard on the outside and runs a very close to standard 12A. So I'd think E/GT would be the class and that record stands at 146MPH presumably by the other rice cooker driver.

I just want to run out 5th without getting a ticket and having my car crushed by the good chaps keeping the peace.
Rob

Re: Class

Post by Rob »

rogue666 wrote:I just want to run out 5th without getting a ticket and having my car crushed by the good chaps keeping the peace.

Ahh but that's how it starts and then it's "Maybe if I just....." and there goes the mortgage :wink:

Here's the current E/GT record holder, '82 RX.

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
Reverend Hedgash

Post by Reverend Hedgash »

And its the most vile sounding beastie on the salt (next to Steve's water bottle which is a sight to see now I believe, all hand made aluminium bodywork...mmmm...)

I met someone at a DLRA meeting at Norm's in Melbourne last year who was involved with a team racing a mazda and were interested in taking it to the salt. Miliatary man. Been to Afganistan.
DLRA Member#412
Rob

Post by Rob »

Your Reverence,

A little off topic I know but.... some time after I met the good wife, a mate and I were trying to explain to her the sound of a hot rotary. She wouldn't cop it as gospel and was sure we were giving her a rev.

As luck would have it we went to one of the early summer nats, pulled into a servo with our respective vehicles so the girls could use the "facilities". Right after they've gone to the green room a red hot RX4 turns up and the driver goes inside for whatever he wanted.

I set it up with the mate that when the girls get back we're going to wait for the captain rotor to come out and fire up. The girls came back and after a minute start asking what we're waiting for. "You'll see" was all they got back.

A couple of minutes later, Mr RX4 comes back and fires up the angry mozzie. The look on the missus' face was priceless. Damn good laugh all 'round at her expense.

I can't imagine one at full noise on the salt although the video of the end for end at Bonneville was worrying. http://www.youtube.com/results?search_t ... e+RX7&aq=f

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
momec

Post by momec »

Mate that yellow thing that ran out here had an 8 foot megaphone and no muffler. I loved it simply because it broke all the rules.
Chris
Acme Racing #251
momec

Post by momec »

Oh sorry for my rudeness, welcome Mr 666.
We don't discriminate here, we accept all race, colour and bad taste. :wink:
Chris
Acme Racing #251
jrbcastle

Post by jrbcastle »

C Hanlon wrote:Oh sorry for my rudeness, welcome Mr 666.
We don't discriminate here, we accept all race, colour and bad taste. :wink:
Chris
yes and blokes that stupidily put holden engine's in to some of Henry's finest work too !!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
David Leikvold

Henry's OK, OK?

Post by David Leikvold »

I've owned far too many Fords over the years but only one Holden. It was the worst three days of my life!
Now it's Toyotas thanks very much. One of these years I'll get back on with the Celica. Just after Trevor's car is done and I come into some money.
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
Dr Goggles

TOO RIGHT

Post by Dr Goggles »

C Hanlon wrote:Mate that yellow thing that ran out here had an 8 foot megaphone and no muffler. I loved it simply because it broke all the rules.
Chris

.at Mangalore I knick-named Dave's RX7 "Swearing around children" because nobody really wants to hear it...........
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
PJQ2

Post by PJQ2 »

Apparently it's note is finely "tuned" for this year, whatever that means (I'm bringing workshop ear protection). The megaphone is still there, no snow shovel out the front, and Dave's refined his driving skills working on the public Busses this year.
Regs,
PJQ
Velocity Science Laboratories
rogue666

Post by rogue666 »

[quote="Rob"]Your Reverence,

I can't imagine one at full noise on the salt although the video of the end for end at Bonneville was worrying. http://www.youtube.com/results?search_t ... e+RX7&aq=f

Cheers,
Rob[/quote]

If someone hasn't heard the sound there is very little you can do to convince them how such a little engine can produce such a sound is amazing.

The Bonneville video was very worrying, but a 1000bhp RX7 was always going to be a bit of a worry.
The same car was repaired and went onto to 242MPH.
http://www.racingbeat.com/Tech/Tech.Engine.5.htm
http://www.racingbeat.com/FRphotos.htm

I just love the fact that my 22 year old standard 12A will pull 8000rpm whenever I ask it to.