LAND SPEED RACING HAPPENS IN QUEENSLAND!

News and Business that directly relates to Queensland members

Moderators: DLRA, momec3

BOB ELLIS

LAND SPEED RACING HAPPENS IN QUEENSLAND!

Post by BOB ELLIS »

NEWSFLASH! After six months of hard work by some of our members,approval to hold an event here in Qld has been "GRANTED".
We have been given approval to hold TWO events over a 12 month period at the Southern Downs Regional Council owned Warick Airstrip!
The Qld branch meeting is on next Sun (5th Oct) at Don Nobles premises (listed elsewhere on this site),the major topic of discussion,will obviously be about these events. Be There!
We are going to try to hold the first Test/Trial before Xmas,if not ,definately before the main event at Lake G.
There is still alot to be finalised,such as Insurance,fire & rescue, etc,etc,and we need people to step foward to help out.
I'd like to thank all those that have helped this to happen (No need for names,you know who you are).We have proven what a bit of effort can achieve.
So boys and girls,dust off your toys,dig out your log books,put some gas in the tank,and come out to play!
We hope to be able to give out dates and costs soon.
Cheers , Bob, #66 C/GCC.
OLDtimer

Post by OLDtimer »

Congratulations, Bob . Well done to those who made it happen ! Pete . DLRA #6
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

When a date has been arranged for our event it will also be listed on our recorded message phone 0401 313 210 .
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
RED NISSAN WAGON 1986 # 281
2002 F/PRO 125.4 MPH RECORD
2003 F/PRO 140.2 MPH RECORD
2005 F/GC 137.9 MPH RECORD
2006 F/GC 141.1 MPH RECORD
1/4 mile ( drags ) @ Willowbank 14.15 @ 97.61 mph August 2006
Dreamliner 200

Post by Dreamliner 200 »

Great news and excellent work, well done to all those involved!! :D

Give us a bit of notice, and some of us New South Welshman (I know Cockroaches :roll: ) Will make a trip oop North! :P
DLRA Member 752
Livin' the dream!
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Well done at the council meeting Bob & Don! You must have impressed them enough to get it through!

See you all on Sunday!

Lynchy
REAL Stan

Post by REAL Stan »

well done Don and Bob. 8) :D and all
hope you all have FUN :D
STAN.#744

Our body cells renew themselves while we sleep
If only our wallets would do the same.....
Dr Goggles

congrats blokes

Post by Dr Goggles »

Well done fellas, can I suggest a door prize of free entry for the team that drives the furthest to get there....don't laugh,it'll get you a few more entries......
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
grumm441

Post by grumm441 »

Well done fellas, can I suggest a door prize of free entry for the team that drives the furthest to get there....don't laugh,it'll get you a few more entries......

So we're going then?
They make it
I make it work
Rob

Post by Rob »

grumm441 wrote:
So we're going then?

Now that's bloody funny.

Well done guys, great news.

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
momec

Post by momec »

OK
Executive decision.
There will be a door prize for the longest tow (prize yet to be decided) but I will put this on the agenda for Sundays meeting.
Great suggetion Googles 8)
My sincere thanks to Bob and Don for taking time off work to attend the council meetings and plead our case. Thankfully Bobs experience in bum kissing has paid off. Thank you Bob.

Council require 2 months notice before a race meeting so at the moment late december is the earliest possible date but we should nail this down closer at Sundays meeting. Bob or Don will post report next week as I will be at Bathurst.

Now Guys and Gals.
This WILL happen as I have previously warned and all those who have previously put there hand up are on the list but anyone else please let ME know as I'm the number counter and we need more!!

The council fee is the same for a 1 or 2 day event so I will suggest a 2 day to make it worth the trip but this will be voted and confirmed on Sunday. Any feedback before then please post as Sunday will be big decision day, we don't stuff around in Qld

Chris
Acme Racing #251
BOB ELLIS

Post by BOB ELLIS »

Chris ,you maybe jumping the gun a tad,we've only been given one day (Sat) at a cost of $1000.00 that we pay council (including one of their staff onsite).Sent the Dr a PM regarding long distance trophy,I think I've scared him off .I did mention that 1st prize was a night on the town,out in the Nissan Cedric with Don! Bob.
momec

Post by momec »

Bob
Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.
Chris
Acme Racing #251
Dr Goggles

I'm figurin'

Post by Dr Goggles »

I reckon , non-stop , that Warwick is about 18 hours from Melbourne , add in a couple of fuel stops ...if nothing goes wrong , with two or three drivers we could get there at midday Saturday if we left at knock-off time Friday, six hours at the meet, couple o' beers, bit of shut eye...jump in the rig and head back to Mexico in time for work Monday....it might sound stupid but we've been at this thing for five years now, we've had three little drives each and no-one can guarantee us that the salt is on.

Whaddayagonnado?
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
David Leikvold

you're gonna

Post by David Leikvold »

Hey Doc, have you considered this? Put front brakes on it so it can stop consistently and then take it to Calder or Winton or even Philip Island for some private practice. There's no scrutineering that I know of and you can run till it breaks. You'll soon find out what's going to give you trouble and you don't have to go at a cracking pace either. Just put some old road tyres on some Falcon rims so you don't waste your Beagles.
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
Dr Goggles

Fred Basset Radials

Post by Dr Goggles »

David Leikvold wrote:Hey Doc, have you considered this? Put front brakes on it so it can stop consistently and then take it to Calder or Winton or even Philip Island for some private practice. There's no scrutineering that I know of and you can run till it breaks. You'll soon find out what's going to give you trouble and you don't have to go at a cracking pace either. Just put some old road tyres on some Falcon rims so you don't waste your Beagles.

There is , shall we say, merit to the idea . I also have to say that that was some decent recall remembering "Beagles", there is though one problem...the car needs tyres of at least 27 and 25 inch ride height or it'll be sitting on the ground.....so we have to arrange some ride height adjustment before we can do that. She don't like turning much either. :wink: