FEET FORWARD AG1350

See cars and bikes being built for the salt

Moderator: DLRA

russelllowe

Re: FEET FORWARD AG1350

Post by russelllowe »

Hey Harky,

Quick thought, will make a model tomorrow to see if it may work, but how about sliding your ass forward, shoulders drop, knees up and use your shins as wind deflectors; like a baby in a womb ...

Would necessitate shifting your steering forward, and be one further step up the queerness ladder, but why stop now right?

Cheers!
harky

Post by harky »

Queerness ladder. how rude 🤔
some boB person we know , refers to it as the “ hammock” . double rude 🤔🤔🤔
and all from a man wrestling 6 litre bike i can always bolt the forks and front wheel back on and. de hammock. it

we will have to park in the “ special “ build area. maybe have an entry fee
what 10% of nuthin ?
harky
DLRA #643
so far 120mph for$2000---imagine how fast I can go for $20,000
russelllowe

Post by russelllowe »

Hey Harky,

Yeah, we are definitely up the top end of the ladder ... plenty of others here to keep us company though.

It occured to me one of the (many) advantages of feet forward is being able to use your body as streamlining. This is kind of the pose I meant:

Use those shins to guide the wind up and over your head/chest ... I'm sure a few bits would sneak through for a little tickle, but it's the thought that counts isn't it?

Cheers!
harky

Post by harky »

Russell
my first mock-ups were like your sketch , i didn’t feel “ planted “ , with my legs straight i can push myself into the seat more .
the bike will in the long term go from from A to APS , but that’s a long way off .
Steering under the legs is much more comfortable than it looks , people who have sat on it are also surprised. All this is at shed speed , so may be very different at any speed .
I am being “ blown “ into my seat , as compared to being blown off a sit on bike , my helmet rest is a plus for head / neck support .
How this thing responds to steering / body movements is an unknown, and turning off after a run may take the width of the lake
😳😳😳🤔🤔🤔
harky
DLRA #643
so far 120mph for$2000---imagine how fast I can go for $20,000