Lexpute

See cars and bikes being built for the salt

Moderator: DLRA

momec

Post by momec »

Gotta say the XP is a prettier example but I'm a tad biased.

Well the Ute it is coming along in a backward manner. Am currantly negotiating with the handbrake as my next step requires significant funds and negotiations in this area are often best taken slowly for desired results. All is progressing in a positive manner at the moment and are considering options for the long term good of the race program.

The Diahatsu Mira project is also copping some considerable thought at the moment as both vehicles will share the same driveline long term so what I build in the XP will need to fit in the Mira.

I'm started on basic design on the chassis and body for the Diahatsu and will 3D model the whole thing before I begin construction.
I've got one of the consultant engineers at work interested also so am progressivly downloading his brain as I think of questions.
Its an interesting way to build a car as always in the past I've modified something existing, this time I'm both starting with a virtual clean sheet and drawing it first. I've never taken the time to draw the whole project before, suppose i'm to impatiant, but I'm finding this quite stimulating and enjoyable.
Shall start a thread on project Norgis as soon as I figure out how to post bloody photos.
Chris
Acme Racing #251
Dr Goggles

yep

Post by Dr Goggles »

C Hanlon wrote:. Am currantly negotiating with the handbrake as my next step requires significant funds and negotiations in this area are often best taken slowly for desired results.

well, ya haven't had an ultimatum painted on the garage door yet have ya?

going fast is easy compared to that tortuous path........
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
gennyshovel

Re: yep

Post by gennyshovel »

Dr Goggles wrote:
C Hanlon wrote:. Am currantly negotiating with the handbrake as my next step requires significant funds and negotiations in this area are often best taken slowly for desired results.

well, ya haven't had an ultimatum painted on the garage door yet have ya?

going fast is easy compared to that tortuous path........

LOL ! I resemble that remark.
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
momec

Post by momec »

No thankfully, that sort of news can travel further than the back yard I've heard.
I'm trying the diplomatic negotiation technique which is turning me inside out but am having some success, just 15K to go. Should'nt be to hard :x

Chris
Acme Racing #251
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Chris

Tell her that it will do better burn outs! I'm sure you'll get it then!!!!!!!

Lynchy
momec

Post by momec »

Acme Racing #251
OLDtimer

Post by OLDtimer »

Hi Chris, it works, hope to see more ! Pete, DLRA #6
momec

Post by momec »

OK so my next trick will be to work out how to put a bloody photo direct to the page. I can build a Lamborgini engine, shorly I can do this within the next 6 months
Chris
Acme Racing #251
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Chris

You need a photobucket account to store your photos. The when you want to post one to the forum you copy the "direct link" from the photobucket photo and slip it between the Img buttons.

I'm back in Brissie in a few weeks if you want a tutorial. I've bought a house up there in the hope that my company finally sends me back for good!!!

Lynchy
momec

Post by momec »

Acme Racing #251
momec

Post by momec »

Well I'll be stuffed Lynch.
You did'nt have to buy a house at all.
Thanks Chris
Acme Racing #251
Cookey

Post by Cookey »

Chris,
I have been giving some serious thought to running in our beloved ute class at the lake and whilst respecting your apparent domination of such classification, hereby declare a challenge to yourself (and those associated) to the title of 'Australia's Fastest Ute'.

My entrant in said challenge is a vehicle which is legally registered in the state of South Australia as a 1928 Chrysler utility.

Whilst the DLRA rules put our class in the street roadster class, I believe (and so do my legal team) that should we run fast enough we can lay claim to Ozzy's fastest ute :wink:
What do you reckon :?: :?: :?:
Cheers,
Tony Cooke
DLRA # 363
momec

Post by momec »

Bring it on Cookey.
I'll have my people contact your people as to the consecquences for the loser, perhaps could involve a wager involving booze?
:wink:
Chris
btw good luck
Acme Racing #251
momec

Post by momec »

Just posted some in car stuff of the Ute. Can't work out the link but You Tube
In car Chris Hanlon 170 mph Lake Gairdner XP Falcon

Chris
Acme Racing #251
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

C Hanlon wrote:Just posted some in car stuff of the Ute. Can't work out the link but You Tube
In car Chris Hanlon 170 mph Lake Gairdner XP Falcon

Chris

Hey thats what its all about , being out there on the salt doin it . This is the dream come alive . An experience that stays with you forever and makes you wanna come back for more ......
Thats a great clip Chris . Bugger you Mr Hanlon , makes me wanna get out there again , just that little bit more difficult cos of living in NZ ....
Anyway I have in car vids and audios too , that I play and turn up real loud (when no ones around) ...
OK heres the link for your car Chris .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl7QZTncQXc
Last edited by DON NOBLE on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
RED NISSAN WAGON 1986 # 281
2002 F/PRO 125.4 MPH RECORD
2003 F/PRO 140.2 MPH RECORD
2005 F/GC 137.9 MPH RECORD
2006 F/GC 141.1 MPH RECORD
1/4 mile ( drags ) @ Willowbank 14.15 @ 97.61 mph August 2006