1986 NISSAN SKYLINE STATION WAGON

See cars and bikes being built for the salt

Moderator: DLRA

Post by Guest »

just had a new exhaust fitted , cos the salt had really taken its toll on the old system ( stock from the extractors back ). so now have gone a bit HOONISH and have 2 1/4" pipe . i feel about 30 yrs younger at the traffic lights . any way i went to gold coast and back today and it was a bit to droning for me , reckon it would drive me nuts going to lake gairdner and back , have to get it bit quieter yet
DON NOBLE ... DLRA # 281

Post by DON NOBLE ... DLRA # 281 »

thats me above
DON NOBLE ... DLRA # 281

been a bit quiet here in the forums lately . you all must be real busy working towards next years event !!!!!
well the fertile mind is at it again .
have started on a supercharged engine , using stuff i,ve got lying around .
nissan rb30e bottom end ( 3000 cc ) , rb25de head ( dohc 24 valve head variable cam timing ) , SC14 supercharger ( ex Toyota ) . compression ratio will be 8.1-1 using the rb30e pistons with the rb25 head .
have 2 trainee aircraft engineers (very thorough ) doing most of the hands on stuff as part time work experience guys .
this engine will be used in 2006 or if i extract didget maybe 2005 , but
would really like to see how quik unblown twincam would go first .
hawkwind racing

Post by hawkwind racing »

G'day Don good to see that you are progressing , supercharging is nice :wink: ,yes the forum is very quiet ,I would like to know how the other blokes projects are shaping up
Gary
fastest busa in Captains flat pop. 200
DON NOBLE ... DLRA # 281

now have 370cc injectors in (out of a turbo model ) , after market tacho , apaxi safc 11 puter . will put on dyno soon . did 14.7 at drags 18th dec . supercharged engine now on hold til after this years event .
DON NOBLE ... DLRA # 281

ok try and stay awake .
since this years event , when i had a fuel problem @ around 5500 rpm in 5th , this is what i been mucking around with .
i bought a second hand mines brand rechipped ecu to suit a turbo 2.5 ltr , sure did get great economy but 1/2 sec slower over the 1/4 mile at the drags . next prob , found engine would cut out at below 50 psi fuel pressure , found guage stuffed and had been running at a real 20psi ( was this the cause of my prob at the lake .
i,ve almost finished building a twin throttle body ( 2 x 60 mm rb25de items )manifold and am going to run a 90 mm air flow meter off an 4.5 ltr v8 nissan . just waiting for the a.f.m. to arrive from ebay in japan . have also bought a pair of cams off the ebay again , but from melbourne . have bought a bosch 909 external fuel pump that has to be fitted yet . am going to run 10 mm fuel line too . the other thing on the wish list is to get an apexi aftermarket ecu . so plenty of things to get done yet .
in my quest to go quiker at the drags i fitted 4.11 gears ( 3.7 std ) and a mini spool locked centre . gees does it launch well , but the previously mentioned mines ecu let me down . so it at this stage its still got the 4.11 locked diff , std rb25de ecu 370 cc injectors 1 x xf falcon 68 mm throttle body . i,ll be putting the stock 3.7 diff back in for the salt ( and not with a mini spool )
Reverend Hedgash

When is a record a record?

Post by Reverend Hedgash »

I understand the 200mph club membership being dependent on breaking a record but am unsure when a record is actually met.

Is it by individual run or by meet?

For example if someone does a record run over 200mph early in the meet and is broken again later in the meet, is the first one still eligable for the 200mph club, or is it best of meet only?
Last edited by Reverend Hedgash on Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
DLRA Member#412
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

Dear Reverend Headgash :twisted:
If it's a record it's a record...I think that situation occurred with Grant Schlein and Garry Peterson in 2004 both set P/P 1350 records over 200 Grant first , then Gary so at the end of the week Gary held the record and they were both in the 200 club....I could of course have just imagined it ....How did this get on Don's Skyline thread anyway?
DON NOBLE ... DLRA # 281

um i had to censor it , bit racist .
Last edited by DON NOBLE ... DLRA # 281 on Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reverend Hedgash

Post by Reverend Hedgash »

This topic appears on this thread because it was being discussed between John and Gary a couple of pages back on the thread when I hit reply...

Apologies for any confusion and thanks for the reply.

Reverend H
Last edited by Reverend Hedgash on Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
DLRA Member#412
DON NOBLE ... DLRA # 281

I built a twin throttle body manifold , fitted it up . went to willowbank drags last nite . best of 14.4 @ 94.5 mph and a 1.96 time for 60 ft . i should put it on the dyno and get it sorted properly .
DON NOBLE ... DLRA # 281

BUGGA BUGGA BUGGA .
Hurt the engine at the drags on Wed nite . Now whole lot smokey at high revs . I have a spare block in the racks that i can rebuild . Just when it was all cruising along in readiness for next years events , no dramas i,ll be there .
DON NOBLE ... DLRA # 281

Have now bought a replcement for the red wagon . Its a blue wagon . 1988 series 3 wagon , 5 speed , slightly more aerodynamic front . Main reason i bought it is cos the red wagon,s body is getting a bit sad . The " NEW " blue wagon has an unmarked rust free body .
Undecided which way to go but will probably run the red wagon one more time . Have to rebuild the bottom end of red one , but at least its all set up with the safety gear and times ticking away .
momec

Post by momec »

G'Day Don
Sounds like your having a mid season crisis. Clock is ticking your dead right. I've got less to do this year but the weekends are flying past with little progress.
Sorry to hear about your lost motor. I think you should keep away from Drag Strips. There ain't no salt there you know. Seeya Dec 4
Chris.
gazza414

Post by gazza414 »

Those wagons must be special --- put a Haybusa motor in it and be done with it... touch wood...clunk...ouch that hurt.

Good luck.
1 FAST HAYABUSA 217.443mph so far
9 Official Timeslips over 200mph
Very much the apprentice