It lives

See cars and bikes being built for the salt

Moderator: DLRA

off tap racing

Re: It lives

Post by off tap racing »

Bones, im using petrol but was told because its 2 stroke and im adding oil to the petrol it will be /F (fuel)
BONES

Post by BONES »

off tap
You will be ok for gas class
Adding oil to lubricate is ok. Adding something to increase the performance of the gas moves you to fuel class.
And remember, like you said ,the capacity is 100 NOT 80. There are a few guys running in 900 which does not exist although there is
a record for it
Alex's engine is a bit of a mix-- '85 cases, 88 cylinder,91 piston. We will also reverse the cylinder.
If you know anyone who races an international 80 kart, ask them about engine mods
how bout a photo
TWO STROKES RULE
Bones
Last Minute Racing

Post by Last Minute Racing »

off tap racing wrote:Dave, what is the rod above the rear sprocket, is that part of the chain gaurd seeing as the rear gaurd is part of the chain gaurd, im trying to make and fit a chain gaurd to a motocross bike, cheers Graeme.
Hi Graeme its a piece of 32 x 6 flat mild steel, the chain guard. Ive left it straight to make rear wheel removal easier for gearing changes.
AuotonomousRX wrote:Hey Dave looks good,how many RGVs next Year? I'll be bringing mine back down. Are you running MPS?

Salt Peter
Hi Peter how you doing up there? wet feet?

Yep ill be running MPS, what class you running in?

Not sure how many RGVs will be there but the more the merrier.

Tiny, good choice of bike, they are quick straight out of the box and sound fantastic at 11500 RPM.

Bones. Bigblock banshee in a RGV frame maybe. YammaGamma kits available from the UK. They also make a kit to fit a RG500 into one but Yam motors are a lot easier to get hold of.
FASTER! FASTER! BANG F&^*K! F%&*K! F#$%K! s*** MORE MONEY
AuotonomousRX

Post by AuotonomousRX »

Hey Dave

Yeah I am a Soggy Old Postie lately. I am going to have a crack at APS G 250. Mainly Aero Stuff no Engine Mods and I just got to remember to pack the Sprockets and Chain Lube this time :oops: .

Pete
Still trying to decide if I am a procrastinator

Pete :?
DLRA #866
momec

Post by momec »

Its amazing how you no you have to bring everything to that bloody lake so you turn up there on the bump stops with a majority of the shed and crap you hav'nt seen for 20 years but there always seems to be some critical, essential, fundumental componet you forget. :x
Chris
Acme Racing #251
off tap racing

Post by off tap racing »

Bones, this is it, 1983 RM 80 big wheel, with some mods.
th_PB060104.jpg
th_PB060104.jpg (5.35 KiB) Viewed 33951 times
BONES

Post by BONES »

off tap
I've given you a bum steer---sorry.
Alex is running APS-G 100 or A-G 100 depending if we get the body work done.
It will be interesting to see the difference our frame makes.
How good is your engine?
Our's was in a kart but I don't know how good it was. All the clearences are towards the max.
maybe you could lower the bike to give a smaller frontal area. should hlp a little.

cheers Bones
off tap racing

Post by off tap racing »

Bones, the motor is stock, i am going to play with gearing this year an then do the motor next year depending on how it goes, ive lowered the back of the bike as far as the shock will allow me,the only way to go lower is to remove the shock completely, and try and get a shorter shock or go ridgit,
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

Off tap, IMHO, lowering as much as possible on the rear shock will achieve three parts of stuff all, put a strut in there and slide your frount forks through the tripple trees (better still pull them apart and put a spacer in to lower them, easy modification) slam that little bike as much as you can = reduced (compressed) frontal area,,
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
off tap racing

Post by off tap racing »

Stayt'ie, lowering the front is easy its the back end that troubles me, as i dont like the idea of going ridgit.
ben james

Post by ben james »

just go rigid, i've been 155 mph rigid on my bike & didn't feel a thing. the faster you go the smoother it gets.
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

rigid or not,, its like one of those performance or political or religeous questions, err, arguments that i wont get involved in :roll: ,, i guess in this case its a trade off between your non rigid ideas and frontal area as to where the most horsepower/speed can be achieved 8) ,, umm like ben im a rigid supporter, have gone fast with no problems :wink:
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
ROSS BROWN

Post by ROSS BROWN »

Offy
The boy's are right ........ Get that little sucker on the ground 8)
If you are worried about it being to ridged and cracking or breaking the mounts, fit bushes to the link.
If you are strugling to make the link, shoot down to your local car wreckers and have a crawl around under the rear ends
and have a look at the top arms on the 4 link, most likely there is something allready made for ya (or close to it )
can't remember if the shock was eye too eye or eye too foot
Cheers

Ross

IT IS ALL A RACE AGAINST TIME.
TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE.

HOW FAST CAN YOU GO ?

S/UF 925
off tap racing

Post by off tap racing »

hey guys, ive managed to track down a rear shock that is the same length i needed after lowering the rear of the bike, it gives me about an inch of play, so it isnt ridgid but close, i have slid the fork tubes through the tripple trees so i have about 70mm of play, the forks are quite stiff so it should give me enough clearance, my only worry is the fork tubes poking through the tripple trees, its 90mm, is this allowed, Graeme.
Attachments
th_PB150113.jpg
th_PB150113.jpg (5.87 KiB) Viewed 33856 times
ROSS BROWN

Post by ROSS BROWN »

Graeme
Thats looking better :)
As far as I know there is no rule for having the fork tubes sticking up through the tripple clamps . .....BUT....
For the sake of " NEETNESS " you have some options 8)
Staytie pointed out the option of removing the springs & fitting spacers.
Another option is ......... AS far as my books tell me ,your fork tubes are 30mm so heres a list of shorter fork tubes that will fit your tripple clamps
SUZUKI TS125 78-79
SUZUKI GT185 all models 74-79
YAMAHA RS100 79 to 81
YAMAHA RD 125 all models 76-84
YAMAHA RD 200 76-77
YAMAHA RS 125 all models 76-81

Cheers Ross
IT IS ALL A RACE AGAINST TIME.
TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE.

HOW FAST CAN YOU GO ?

S/UF 925