BOSS STREAMLINER S/UF 925

See cars and bikes being built for the salt

Moderator: DLRA

Stayt`ie

Re: BOSS STREAMLINER S/UF 925

Post by Stayt`ie »

how deeps the water mama, :?: ,,

Ross, is that photo taken at the southern end,(the deep end), :?: , the lake bottom has a natural fall of about 11" north to south,,,,
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
ROSS BROWN

Post by ROSS BROWN »

The water is up to the second tree line... about six foot deep...
The picture was taken at what you would call the official entrance on the eastern shore at what would be about the 2 mile mark .. the lake is suited to run south to north "up hill " three quarters of an inch every mile :shock: Thats a pretty steep climb, CHEV owners might not have enough stick to use top gear :mrgreen:
running on the lake would be from the left hand side of the picture up to the middle of the horizon, a solid 12 miles , maybe squeeze out 15 or 16..
IT IS ALL A RACE AGAINST TIME.
TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE.

HOW FAST CAN YOU GO ?

S/UF 925
momec3

Post by momec3 »

What breed is the cat?
Chris
ROSS BROWN

Post by ROSS BROWN »

Chriss.. The cats name is "BUBBLES" not real sure of the breed . " Mongrel " I guess..
He seems to be well enough natured, doesn't seem to like tinned cat food though, but does seem to have quite an interest in the tin itself..
Maybe he's using them to store the rats and the snakes he prefers to snack on..
Chriss ...Should your better half allow you to store such "CLASSIC PILE OF TRUCK " I'd suggest a name change for the CAT, he seems
somewhat sensitve about his current "Tag " , and don't be to hasty about moving his truck to often, or his tempermant changes to that sonmewhat of the stinkin trucks....

Last edited by ROSS BROWN on Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE.

HOW FAST CAN YOU GO ?

S/UF 925
momec3

Post by momec3 »

He is a good size, I don't like small cats cause I'm a lousy shot. :P
Chris
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Looks like someone's been playing with Photoshop.....

Too much time on your hands Ross?
Rob

Post by Rob »

The body/chassis numbers should help you out on years for those trucks Ross. If you're not sure post them on here.

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
gazzas landy

Post by gazzas landy »

Chis,12gauge better odds F.G.
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

ROSS BROWN wrote: running on the lake would be from the left hand side of the picture up to the middle of the horizon, a solid 12 miles , maybe squeeze out 15 or 16..
That'd be somethin' ,we could go pretty quick if we had that kind of distance to stretch our legs.

Cats........I don't hate 'em ...but I definitely couldn't eat a whole one.
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
momec3

Post by momec3 »

12 Gauge would make an orful mess of the grille.

Is that the one we looked at Ross?
Chris
ROSS BROWN

Post by ROSS BROWN »

Rob wrote:The body/chassis numbers should help you out on years for those trucks Ross. If you're not sure post them on here.

Cheers,
Rob
Rob..
Two body numbers on the fire wall 19485 ... &..... 21T143... am yet to find any on the chassis...
Dont have any numbers of the other truck yet , as I still havent dragged it of the farm were it resides..

Goggles...
Yes the place ( lake Buchanan ) is absolutley ideal , and only 60kms of dirt road.
Had a pretty good question and answer session with the station owner. It was last dry in september 2010

Chriss...
Nope.. This is the other treasure.. Thats you performing mouth to mouth on it .. :shock:
and it trying to bite your head off.... :shock:
The biggest differnce between . one is an army model ,with push in windows with 3 rib doors and body..
the other has full frame doors with windows and a 2 rib body..

Have a nice evening
Cat Lovers..
Ross
Last edited by ROSS BROWN on Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE.

HOW FAST CAN YOU GO ?

S/UF 925
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

Far out I haven't seen one of those for yonks.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that one of the Department of Main Roads and Transport initiatives to capture and relocate Hot Rodders from urban areas. They just park an old shitheap somewhere, bait it with a flathead and then stand back and wait. That's a rare shot of a live specimen actually caught in the trap. They tag and release him and once they work out where his burrow is they'll turn up and round up all of the males and any females who aren't palying with dolls and relocate them to Castlemaine or Gympie, and , most importantly, they pack up all the rusty ol shit and dump it there too, when that happens they rarely return...... :wink:
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
JonB

Post by JonB »

Chritine's cousin?
Any more Trike pics Ross?

Cheers
jon
DLRA#1115
Underhouse Engineering
Rob

Post by Rob »

G'day Ross,

21T is a 1942 1 1/2 ton flat bed, originally a 90HP flathead V8 equipped truck. Wheelbase (if std) should be 134".

The 134 after the 21T is the body serial number. There should also be a number on the chassis, in cars it's right by the steering box mount on the top rail, not 100% sure on trucks but Henry was a habitual soul so that's where I'd start. It will likely have a star at the start and finish of the number.

Is there a context for the second number or is it just stamped into the firewall?

Incidentally, I know a bloke up your way who would likely be interested in the rear end assuming you're swapping it. He's restoring a Bren gun carrier and many of the castings are the same. I can not remember the specifics of what he's after but can put you in touch.

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
momec3

Post by momec3 »

So that figures,

Ross is working undercover for the department, he handed me a 6 volt battery said "here just get it started un I'll run the trailer round"

I stopped count at about thirty flatheads at that place. Lots and lots of unfinished projects. Must be what happens when we don't get to live enough :cry:

Chris
Chris