[/img]Image
IT IS ALL A RACE AGAINST TIME.
TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE.

HOW FAST CAN YOU GO ?

S/UF 925
ROSS BROWN

Post by ROSS BROWN »

Heres one I prepared earlier :

Couple of months old I think. Showing basic route of shafts & arms for steering . Wish they could be made as fast as they can be drawn !
Am working on finishing of rear suspension at the moment , should have it nailed by the end of the weekend . will show pictures.

There is some edits in picture (mind constantlly changing :roll: )
Last edited by ROSS BROWN on Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE.

HOW FAST CAN YOU GO ?

S/UF 925
lag waggon

Post by lag waggon »

that is a very nice build you've got going there.
#680 *TEAM KRAZY*
Live Life In The Fast Lane.
2010 MPS/G 650 144.057 mph
ROSS BROWN

Post by ROSS BROWN »

REAR SUSPENSION
Shock absorbers & knuckle links have come from zx12r kawasaki,s
the shocks have been layed on their sides ,link pivot point shited so that ride height arms could be added in such a way that when addjusting ride height, power load in spring is not changed.
NOTE : lower part of arm were arrows are pointed. the holders are tacked in at different heights ,they will stay this way until bike is fully loaded . it is only then that true height centre will be found & then adjusters will be welded in evenly.

Thanks MR WAGGON !
AIR BOX is next thing on list
Last edited by ROSS BROWN on Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE.

HOW FAST CAN YOU GO ?

S/UF 925
ROSS BROWN

Post by ROSS BROWN »

Was given the book FLAT OUT by Rocky Robinson to read last week. :D
and return. :(
Interesting read to say the least ! Have been building VOODOO ROCKET with the thought in mind of what would happen if we crashed. After reading the book I Felt the need to change the word ' if ' to WHEN we crash. Have thought my hands were somewhat to close to the screen & if the bike went down there was a chance a couble of my digits could go astray & since I dont particually want to scratch my butt with a hook . among other things 2 more bars have been added to the the cage. Ya wouldn,t think so but it has made it easier to get in & out

THANKS Rocky.
PS / Special Attention will be be placed on chute release system.
The book is worth a read , speacily the part about the chicken & the pig! :lol:
Last edited by ROSS BROWN on Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE.

HOW FAST CAN YOU GO ?

S/UF 925
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

I was reading a bit about the Easyriders bike from a borrowed book as well this week and they seem to have spent a fair amount of time on their side as well.

Maybe place the chute release close by and a bit of extra padding???

Lynchy
Dr Goggles

oopsa daisy!

Post by Dr Goggles »

Special Attention will be be placed on chute release system.

doesn't it have to be included in the tilt-switch circuit?????

I seem to remember the Ack attack having premature e-shootulation problems when our red dust goosed their tilt-switch and they were just leaving the line at the lake...

dunno that "scratching your butt with a hook" would be all that bad ....you're a clever man, think of all the different attachments you could have for it :roll:
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

I seem to remember the Ack attack having premature e-shootulation problems when our red dust goosed their tilt-switch and they were just leaving the line at the lake...

Don't know about the dust but the bike was leaning over quite a bit when the chute spat out the back. He then got it in gear and took off with the laundry out and pulled off the course a little later. They didn't have a good week...
ROSS BROWN

Post by ROSS BROWN »

SOME DAYS ARE GOLD .
Was visited yesterday by the 1955 official motorcycle world record holder Russell Wright whom on a 1000cc Vincent Black Lightning took the record of BMW rider Ernst J.Henne, who had held it since 1937with a speed of 279.50kph . Russell raising it to 297.97kph.
I couldnt get him in the Kawasaki quick enough as to get a photo. :D
different story trying to get him out. found himself fitting in there quite comfortably ,then started quizing over switches & controls, & then past comment that he was quite happy to sleep there.
TELL YA WHAT , THE FIRE IS STILL IN HIS EYES 8)

The man is a complete gentleman & would not have to be asked twice to don a fire suite & hemet & told to go for it.
Last edited by ROSS BROWN on Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE.

HOW FAST CAN YOU GO ?

S/UF 925
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

Yep magic stuff .
And he set the record in New Zealand at a place called Swannanoa near Christchurch on what I believe was a public road .
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
RED NISSAN WAGON 1986 # 281
2002 F/PRO 125.4 MPH RECORD
2003 F/PRO 140.2 MPH RECORD
2005 F/GC 137.9 MPH RECORD
2006 F/GC 141.1 MPH RECORD
1/4 mile ( drags ) @ Willowbank 14.15 @ 97.61 mph August 2006
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Don

Tram Road is the name of the road that he did it on, in case you take a trip down there. Apparently Russel's mother lived next door to the Monro's.

Lynchy
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

Just looked that up on the google earth map . Tram Rd has a 14 1/2 mile staight and flat bit .
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
RED NISSAN WAGON 1986 # 281
2002 F/PRO 125.4 MPH RECORD
2003 F/PRO 140.2 MPH RECORD
2005 F/GC 137.9 MPH RECORD
2006 F/GC 141.1 MPH RECORD
1/4 mile ( drags ) @ Willowbank 14.15 @ 97.61 mph August 2006
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Better than Warwick airstrip then Don?

Maybe you could set something up? Eh bro?
David Leikvold

Here in Brisbane

Post by David Leikvold »

If Tram Road was in Brisbane it'd have 5 speed cameras, 8 road works sections with 40km/h zones but nothing happening and a police car at every one. There'd also be another 40km/h zone because some council bloke was mowing the footpath at last. They'd have put all the local schools fronting onto that road with more school zone speed limits and the local residents would have all voted yes for traffic calming because they own the road in front of their house and they won't have strangers using it. Every cross street would have its own set of traffic lights and none of them would be synchronised with any of the others. The council would also finally be resurfacing part of the road because the surface was rubbish and broke up every time it rained. They have already booked the water board to come along in a fortnight to dig up the fresh tar to lay a new pipe. The guys that fill the trench pride themselves on never making the patch flush. The bit that is now a divided 6 lane road in perfect condition would be 60km/h speed limit and would have a fixed speed camera. And none of the bus stops would be set into the footpath. And they're going to make it a toll road, but that's OK because you don't need a beeper thingy, they'll send you a bill!

Forgive me, I've had a really bad day :wink:
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

The old Dave is back.... :shock:

I have to take my son to basketball this morning but don't want to go out on the roads anymore.......