Universal chassis

See cars and bikes being built for the salt

Moderator: DLRA

Hoofhearted

Post by Hoofhearted »

I've got Bonneville on the brain right now but a thought struck me (didn't hurt). If the Vinne survives BUB are you going to run it at El Mirage? I've been running El Mirage for 14 years and have never seen a Vinnie there. Would be sweet!
Don't cry because its over. Smile because it happened.
BONES

Re: Universal chassis

Post by BONES »

Hoof
We lost a page when the forum was changed.
Could you put up the photo of the oil pump / timing cover again please.
Ordered an engine full of parts from Dave, my mates are staying in Sacremento so they can pick up from him
More photos soon
cheers Bones
Rob

Post by Rob »

Bones,

If you forget something get it mailed to me in Modesto. I cannot fit a whole engine as I'm trying to bring two heads and a manifold back but smaller stuff I can do for you. I will be online sporadically while away so PM is probably best or ring me before the 26th.

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
Hoofhearted

Post by Hoofhearted »

I noticed that. I thought speedtv was the only ones that could screw up forum "improvements".

I think this is the photo I put up earlier. If you need some better ones let me know and I'll go shoot the engine. I hope you let me a few bits at Dave's!!!LOL I was at Cody's place today to get some castor. Amazing how rare it is here. He has a fascinating collection of speedway machines including a 4 valve Rudge.

By weslake at 2008-11-29

Heres the spec sheet in case it got deleted.

By weslake at 2010-08-25
BONES

Post by BONES »

Thanks Rob, Greg has a list of pickups for me
cheers Bones
BONES

Post by BONES »

Mk 2 is on the way
Alex will be using a yz 80 to start with then maybe an rs 125 honda but we are making mounts for the tz 350
The rear wheel is done for Alex's bike. Honda c/s sprocket fits the yamaha and rear sprockets from the RS will fit the wheel.Chain goes down a size
and I have a selection of sprockets front and rear
I was going to use my TZ sprockets on the back wheel BUT wheel has 6 bolts and sprocket has 5 at similar pcd(should have checked a bit earlier)
Pick up a sprocket for my bike this morning (hope the machening is correct)
Bought a couple of Lectron carbs - 38 & 40mm. I should be able to use the 40 vertically with a remote float bowl
Hoof-- how did you go at El Mirage?
I spoke to Greg and he said he caught up with you. How's his form--- a red hat and a dirty red hat
Turns out I have met Dave, He was pitted next to us at speedweek last year.
Ross- those carbs look far too valuable---I couldn't ask you to part with them

cheers Bones
Hoofhearted

Post by Hoofhearted »

Hey Bones, I met Greg at El Mirage. What can I say? Two red hats and 203 on a crappy lakebed. Really nice guy. A pleasure to talk to and I learned a bit about lake Gairdner. I ran OK. Like I said the lakebed is pretty bad. I found a good spot between the car tracks for about a mile but I hit a soft spot and drifted to the right, pulled it back but lost a couple of mph at the lights. I reckoned I was on a 123-4 run but wound up with a 120. But seeing Greg run a 203 and Noonan a 248 the soft spot seems ike a pretty lame excuse but thats my story. I was running on a 116 record so with a 120 run I can't complain. Once again nothing broke. Got a bit of a break until the Oct. meet. The clutch needs a bit of attention and the scrutineers want a couple of minor changes to the steering stops and front fender mount. Funny, they were fine all last year and this ear. Must be the new glasses he got!

This has nothing to do with your build. I saw it on another forum and thought it interesting. Don't know a thing about it.

By weslake at 2010-09-26
BONES

Post by BONES »

Hey Hoof
Glad you had a good meeting. Maybe the tech guys are seeing more now they are getting used to your outfit.
Turns out I met Dave last year-pitted next to him at speedweek. Greg picked up a box of parts which will arrive in about 5 weeks.
Greg doesn't care what he rides on -- been rideing fast on bad surfaces all his life
more photos soon
cheers Bones
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

Hay Bones,, before you take any more shots, can you "please" throw a coppla sackbags over that long skinny thing in the background of your previous photos,, its making me think things, :roll: :wink: :)
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

Hoof
It was great to meet you guys,
i especially get a buzz wandering along the line of vehicles , seeing such a wide range of history and drivers names more often seen as brandnames .
My speed was actually 201, the 203 was Ralph Hudson on his gsxr1k , spectacular speed on a NA bike , fairing not dissimar to Bretts and obviously working well .

Greg
Hoofhearted

Post by Hoofhearted »

Greg, It was my pleasure to shake your hand and have an all too short chat. Congratulations on the 201 run (red hat and all)!! I would love to know where you and Noonan and the rest find grip for such runs! A big tip o' the hat!
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

Given up on the idea of traction, its a myth, just friction drive, the more wheelspin you get the faster it seems to go :shock:
momec

Post by momec »

Well done Greg and Kim
I think the smiles in the photos say it all. :D :D :D
Chris
Btw After watching the ch9 footage l reckon your experiance up a dirt road comes in handy.
Acme Racing #251
Hoofhearted

Post by Hoofhearted »

Greg Watters wrote:Given up on the idea of traction, its a myth, just friction drive, the more wheelspin you get the faster it seems to go :shock:
LOL! I have heard it mentioned that traction at El Mirage is overrated!
BONES

Post by BONES »

I moved in a new piece of furniture the other day. Its the smallest one I could buy
Some of the family are not overly impressed-----but I like it