what catogory????

See cars and bikes being built for the salt

Moderator: DLRA

gsxrupon01

what catogory????

Post by gsxrupon01 »

hi all Andrew here (member-905) i raced in the p/p catogory last year with my red gsxr 1000 to get some experience and mainly because my other bike was not ready yet.... (you might remember the ROOTING van :) so here is details of my bike a 1000cc turbo charged suzuki running a modified frame and modified fuel it has a set of race fairings on it and im not sure which class i should be in after reading the dlra handbook many times im still lost as to weather i would be in m/g 1000 or m/f 1000 all help would be appreaciated as i know the final call is mine and im hoping to be very competitive this year and dont want a protest to go in after all this hard work.... cheers andrew
DLRA
Site Admin

Re: what catogory????

Post by DLRA »

I'll have a go to start things off.
1000cc turbo charged suzuki running a modified frame and modified fuel it has a set of race fairings on it
Frame Type - It will either be M (modified) or MPS (Modified Partial Streamlining) This depends upon the race fairings being considered factory or custom / aftermarket and if your not running things like factory lights, handlebars foot pegs. This is where you will need to talk to the Bike Stewards.

Engine Type - BF (Supercharged Engine : Fuel)

So it will be either M/BF 1000 or MPS/BF 1000

Existing Records
M/BF 1000 is open
MPS/BF 1000 174.536MPH
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
ben james

Post by ben james »

i think it would be mps/bf1000.
what frame mods are you planning. would determine the class .
i imagine it would have to be fuel because gas is only for pump fuel i think.
sounds good.
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
gsxrupon01

Post by gsxrupon01 »

the swingarm has been strecthed and the fairings are copy of factory fairings but there race glass as you would see on a super bike...
i think it would be in the m/bf class atm....
ben james

Post by ben james »

how far has the swingarmarm been extended
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
gsxrupon01

Post by gsxrupon01 »

not sure yet...... its on the td list
ben james

Post by ben james »

i think if you extend it 6 inches or more you have to go in special construction class a
then it would be aps/bf1000.
from my observations extended swingarm will only be of use if you want to really lower the bike.
regards ben
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

if you extend the wheelbase "more" than 10percent , it will put you into "A" class (A= altered) 8) ,,
I wouuld suggest that you give Garry Baker a call before you start chopping and fitting,, Gary is the DLRA bike scruteneer (spelling), a very aproachable bloke, an he will steer you straight :wink: ,, have a look around on this site to find a contact for him,, in the meantime welcome to LSR, and seeyou at Gairdner :)
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,