Nissan Comp Coupe

See cars and bikes being built for the salt

Moderator: DLRA

gazzas landy

Re: Nissan Comp Coupe

Post by gazzas landy »

Nathan, the best way is to get a second turret,you need the center section across the roof.Once you have cut the pillars you will see how far the roof needs to extend,Chis is right once you start cutting things happen, brace everything up,i`ve done nine chops and they were all a pain. Cheers F.G.
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Nathan

This photo might help??? You can see how the Jag roof was cut and where filler sections have been put in. I sourced a spare turret for Gaz and shipped it to him. He didn't alter the windscreen pillars or the rear buttresses. The roof is the same profile as before but it looks how it probably should have looked out of the factory. The side B pillars had to be pulled in as did the door frames. There's a lot of work in cutting down the windows though!!

gazzas landy

Post by gazzas landy »

Nathan, you could always go with a chop this extreme.

Cheers,
FG
Attachments
767855561_ZVijA-O.jpg
767855561_ZVijA-O.jpg (137.19 KiB) Viewed 11831 times
momec3

Post by momec3 »

FG after seeing that anyone else who does a chop is just a try hard. Might as well stop now. :lol:
Chris
Chris
gazzas landy

Post by gazzas landy »

Nathan , i have an old cellica here, if you want to do a trial chop you`re welcome to use it. I`m gutting it out and going to dump it,you can do it at my place so you won`t have any rubbish at your joint. Cheers F.G.
lag waggon

Post by lag waggon »

Thanks FG for the offer, I've chased down a roof cut and I think I have worked out how my chop will work. The diff should be ready this week, so everything is coming together. Not much has happened over the last week, the chassis is sitting inside the body and now I have to cut some more to make things fit.
#680 *TEAM KRAZY*
Live Life In The Fast Lane.
2010 MPS/G 650 144.057 mph