Christines Dump Truck.

See cars and bikes being built for the salt

Moderator: DLRA

momec3

Christines Dump Truck.

Post by momec3 »

Christines New Dump Truck.

Bridgey told her he was going to buy a replacement dump truck seeing the couldn't use the F100 any more.
I think she actually belived him for a short time but the moment it was delivered to my place I think she smelt a rat.

Well as this forum has been bogged down with bloody mad bikers in recent times I figured it was time for something with 4 wheels and the correct number of cylinders.
Its an AU-BF Falcon ute, ex V8 Race ute that started life with Denyer in the series and ended its time as a rides car for Big Gun racing. Its always been a race ute and only has 23000kms on the clock.
The plan so far is to fix the Cage and safety stuff to our spec. Add some minor engine upgrades, change the diff ratio and give it a run in 2012. It will run in Prodution Mid Mini pickup.
I'll post a few progress shots so far.

Chris
Last edited by momec3 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris
momec3

Re: Christines Dump Truck.

Post by momec3 »

Photos
Last edited by momec3 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris
momec3

Post by momec3 »

Think I have worked it out
Last edited by momec3 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chris
momec3

Post by momec3 »

A breakthrough.
Pity these geeks did'nt speek English.
(G'Day Chris, I tidied up your code and hey presto you've got a couple more pic's, nice project)

PS do an edit on this post to see how to add photos (GW)
Chris
momec3

Post by momec3 »

Today decided to dump the factory efi manifold and heads. We will fit some heads that breath, a solid roller cam with new intake and carb.
Yestertech it a bit but stick with the Motec M48 still to run the ignition.

Chris
Chris
OLDtimer

Post by OLDtimer »

Chris, you will be able to run in the new Ute category, Falcons are included in that now. Contact Gary Sattara, he will give you more details. Pete. DLRA #6.
momec3

Post by momec3 »

Pete, thats interesting, my read on the SCTA rulebook is it will qualify in Mid/Mini pickup.
Does that mean I get to choose which class I can put it in?

Chris
Chris
OLDtimer

Post by OLDtimer »

Chris, the Ute category will cover all classes just as coupe/sedan category, eg production, comp, etc. As this has just been passed, it did not make it into our 2012 rule book, but will be in the 2013 updated version. I will be away from my computer for the week, so as I suggested, talk to Gary or Brian. There are a couple of these old brute utes being readied for the lake here in S.A., should be a real competitive class. Pete, DLRA #6.
momec3

Post by momec3 »

I would prefer to run our late model Falcon in Mid /Mini Pickup as this gives us a comparative number at Bonneville to run against.

All my efforts in a Ute in Ute class between 2001 and present have been wiped so I'm sorry I'm not keen to support a new attempt.

Chris
Chris