BONES wrote:Greg's is longer than your's Jon
I'm sure it will fit
Bones
:shock: :shock: :shock:
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
Greg Watters

Re: 750 liner

Post by Greg Watters »

Neither of them will fit at the moment , have to rip up some more floor and extend the front wheel clamp
it has a engine dyno option , 4" toothed belt drive on one end , may suit the liner motors better than flogging the entire drive train for no reason
have to make the motor brackets , a 4"toothed drive and belt, and setup the fuel and water systems for quick connect,
figure i should be able to get round to that in about 2016 :lol:
Johno Senior

Post by Johno Senior »

Thats too long Greg, destress yourself and sell me the dyno :D :D :D
I'll let you use it for free in 3 years time 8)
johno
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

Actually had a bike that was too long last week , Sand dragger, we removed the front wheel and put the forks on a block , that worked fine

Johnno, its bolted down and a part of the furniture now :wink: , your welcome to use it though

If your in SA Shane Gagham has my inertia dyno, it did a great job to ~400hp but could not produce enough load to accurately map the higher boost levels
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

While i'm here
Working with Jon on the overdrive stuff were at version 23.5 and ordered a B&J transmission , by the time we had all the machine work added up on the Laycock units the B&J was a much more suitable product at high hp and has worked out cheaper

Also thinking seriously that i may have to start again on the frame, looking at the changes i want to make , little wider here, little longer there , and it would be a pity to start cutting this one
I will make a jig from this one then we are open to serious offers on the whole liner , frame , body , wheels (Bones i need to talk to you about the original front )
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

Well the liner is sold :D
New owner will continue the build and maybe start a new thread

We are starting from scratch
Thanks to Jon Bennets help there has been a lot of time spent planning
basic frame shape and body shape are pretty much finalised,
will be setup with the ability to fit 2 750 motors
much of the ground work already done on the overdrive gearbox and suspension plans will carry over
motors are already built and tuned as there straight from the 750 bike, main and identical spare motor
and i have had some interesting conversations with various liner guys while i have been here in the USA

So unveiling the Blackart liner with much assistance from Underhouse engineering