ceramic coating

See cars and bikes being built for the salt

Moderator: DLRA

Redmohawk

Re: ceramic coating

Post by Redmohawk »

I'm messing with a 440cc twin two stroke jet ski motor in a drag bike (has to be finished by november this year) running an electronic version of mechanical injection (basic wot and idle control) sucking meth/30% nitro using a bank of 4 car injectors. Damage so far is a head gasket and holed piston (and a dead wide band oxy sensor) for 2 power runs. Good job the motor and bit were cheap ! Power yes easy to get right hmmmm, meth no problem did 3 power runs !

First one on 30% nitro with fuel adjustments killed wide band , woops nitro and the wide band dont mix. Second run things went bad . I've run gocarts powered by ct200 motors with 30% nitro/meth mix and a carb setup for rich meth and no mess, but I think I was lucky.
hawkwind

Post by hawkwind »

Hey Red thanks for jumping in good to see some real world results 2 smokers and nitro 8) ...what sort of AFR's are you using ?.....not sure if you have read this but its a good starting point ....spuds nitro notes ....I have also come across some info regarding 2 strokes and nitro see if I still have the links :) .....Greg some methanol jungle juices add about 5% nitro but im sure you would smell it?? some other additives to meth could be propylene oxide and H2O2 ....pic looks like you went a lil lean ....only thing I can find re nitro and turbo is Norwood racings creation ( bit like my creation hahaha )
Vehicle......................A new creation.
Designed by................Troglodyte.
Engineered/ built by......Rustic.
Financed by.................Nickles & Dimes.
Rider......................... Tardus Vetus Inflatio
Redmohawk

Post by Redmohawk »

AFR was a best guess wide band drops out at more than 7 was aiming for 5.5 with 30% nitro. When I ran the cart on nitro was jetted for meth first then just ran 30% straight into the empty tank. I've set the injection up to run 4 injectors 2 per cyl. A toggle switch selects between one or the other or both, I'm going to re tune on pump juice running one injector and aim for 11 to 1 then run the meth mix with both injectors and see what happens. I could measure specific gravitys etc to make sure I'm in the ball park but I dont have a decent hydrometer so until I get back into home brew this will have to suffice.
BIG GAZ

Post by BIG GAZ »

You blokes are crazy! 2 strokes, nitro, acetone, turbo's. I would hate to have a window into your dreams at night.
I wouldn't be too hopeful about the ceramic coating. Chris Hanlons exhaust tips' coating lasted a couple of runs. Mine stood up ok (Comp Coat- Sydney) but they need to be cleaned and polished after the event and coated in oil. Direct salt spray seems to absorb into the coating otherwise. The engine bay pipes were ok but the exhaust tips copped it. It will be interesting to see how your holds up Gary.
GAZ
Redmohawk

Post by Redmohawk »

Pfft , hydrazine now thats when stuff gets crazy.