Re: Honda MG & MF 750

Post by momec3 »

Yestertech :wink:
Chris
Johno Senior

Post by Johno Senior »

Watch out Mossy, my bike will have more yellow then yours :D :D :D

Slowly coming together.... just mounting the 19inch frnt wheel into the back. I machined up a stainless 15mm axle today, now have to machine up two carriers for the sprocket and a disc off a late model 125 CBR honda.

Also making uo a stainless coil carrier to fit in the frame ..............in fact having a blast today :D
johno
Johno Senior

Post by Johno Senior »

Johno Senior

Post by Johno Senior »

Might evan make the time frame this year, hoping to have it running by XMAS :roll: shit I better start saving for a present for the missus.
cheers Johno
Mossy

Post by Mossy »

Your certainly outdoing me with the yellow, even the tyre valve caps are yellow :D :D :D :D
Looking forward to seeing it on salt in 2014
Cheers Mossy
DLRA # 959
Johno Senior

Post by Johno Senior »

Spent all sunday mounting the coils, fabricating is not my strength, some blokes have the nack but not me.

Trying to beat the salt if thats possible, all the bolts and brackets are stainless.
ciao johno
Johno Senior

Post by Johno Senior »

Got em mounted , the bracket braces the modified well in that area.
Johno Senior

Post by Johno Senior »

This is what you see from the saddle
Team Waterbottle

Post by Team Waterbottle »

Hi Jonno
Been watching your build with interest, as you & I have similar vintage bikes, mine being a 1977 Suzuki GT750. I'm looking forward to seeing competitors from '70s up against each other & I looking forward to going faster than a Honda ;-)... seriously I am happy to share ideas, as lot of issues you are faced with I've already done & I invite you see my build here in Port Pirie and I would truly like to see your build soon. If you wish to meet, give me a call on 0408831753.

Yours in Speed
"that water bottle"
Johno Senior

Post by Johno Senior »

Hi Stephen ( this water bottle man)
Nice to hear from you. Your the master and I'm the apprentice, with your HP advantage things are likely to stay the same. we spoke soon after the last meet as I couldnt find your runs and wanted to know how you went . Hope you have found a solution for the cylinder failure.

Its not easy putting the old Honda together and I have used your bike pics to keep me inspired, you know on the dart board. :D :D :D :D
Love to catch up sometime, I stay at Victor Harbor often so we will probably have the same Dyno man I think, maybe we should work on catching and dyno together , that would be fun. If your in the Riverland ring me on 0408 822 434, Looking at the sponsors on your fairing you may be in an engineering business ????
I am and we do work in all the wine regions across Australia including Clare just up the road from Pirie.
Anyway Steve will stay in touch.
regards Johno
Team Waterbottle

Hi Johno
I pad welded a standard Suzuki head to fill the domes & then machined the squish profile on a CNC mill, by a contractor using my 3D model drawing. The finish looks good. The squish clearance should be 0.8mm & CR 12:1. Can’t wait to check the squish clearance & volume…. tonight’s job..... A few more HP for your Honda to better !! :D
Attachments
CNC Squish Head
CNC Squish Head
Squish Head photo.jpg (31.14 KiB) Viewed 18817 times
Johno Senior

Post by Johno Senior »

Hi Finny,
Man that head is looking nice ......................and fast. Must be fun having a cbnc mill at your disposal. I have an old jigger at work but it restricts what you can do in comparison.
Where do you get the info you need from for radical mods like that, I assume the US drag scene , they used to be strong in the old days. Most of the water bottle action in OZ was speedway scene.
What have you done with the cylinder , did you have to get a new one or reclaim the old girl.?

You know Ive been thinking Finny, you have the record , you have 10 HP advantage over me so I think you should tune for reliability so you get a couple of runs per day and enjoy yourself. I genuinely believe the best way to achieve that is detune your engine by 11HP . Just think bring ding ding Bang :lol:
My head is nearly ready in the US , hoping to have it sent in a couple of weeks and I cant wait to post some pics of it on the forum to try and psyche you out. 8)

I have been agonising over running no fronty guasrd just brace or a streamline gusard like yours, I have surfed their web sit regularly , I just cant make my mind up to do it or which guard. Any thoughts mate ?

Anyway I have the dyno day booked in my diary Finny so you work hard and make sure you get there. I am looking forward to catching up with you........cheers johno
Team Waterbottle

Hi Johno
I very much enjoy talking to people about their bike mods & I always seem to learn something, but mostly my air-brain ideas come from books & simply having a go! … I’m not saying my ideas are good or even work, but I enjoy my time in the shed with the bike & my mates. I’ve listed some of the 2 stroke engine development books on my webpage www.teamwaterbottle.com.au
I’ll update the book list to include the aero dynamic (CFD) books that I’m currently reading, which includes recommendations that the front mudguard needs to cover from the 10 o’clock point (looking from the left side) and mudguards are critically important to aero dynamic performance.
With help, I’ve recovered the old engine, but detuned it so to protect the engine from the root cause of the seizure… I haven’t done anything particularly radical, but like too. I’ll have 2 engines in 2014, (1) the recovered piston-port engine & (2) my 1st attempt at a full reed valved engine. I’m hoping to learn from this reed engine & finalise my designs on #3 engine for 2015…. I’m part way through making #3 engine already, but forcing myself to wait for dyno & Lake results. As you know we are planning to dyno #1 engine in November & dyno #2 engine in January & then race with the most powerful….
BTW, painting your Honda in Suzuki yellow won’t make it faster than my Suzuki :D 8)
Yours in Speed
Finny
Johno Senior

Post by Johno Senior »

OK boys , feast your eyes on the next few pics !
they will bring tears to your eyes Finny. :D :D :D
Johno Senior

Post by Johno Senior »

Notice the stud holes, spring seats suit Beehive nascar springs, grooves cut to redirect the return oil, kibblewhite custom guides suit smaller diam valve stem and 34mm heads, etc etc :D