Honda MG & MF 750

See cars and bikes being built for the salt

Moderator: DLRA

Johno Senior

Re: Honda MG & MF 750

Post by Johno Senior »

This is what I was planning to do at 150 MPH

BUT i cought up with a few of the forum junkies, Harky or shall I say captain Motec, also Tiny who was in the same boat as me , I kept trying to catch up with you Mossy but you had more visitors than the queen..........the people made it all worthwhile, had a lot of good chats .
chhers boys.
momec3

Post by momec3 »

Johno,

You have a big headstart for 2015.

Our Lake is a very harsh Mistress.

Chris
Chris
Johno Senior

Post by Johno Senior »

Mossy , you gun record holder , I was trying to say hello but here you are phsyching up for a big run :D
Johno Senior

Post by Johno Senior »

Of course the speed week report would not be complete without getting a staked side wall 2 km from the bituman at Iron knob on the way home, the jack broke and a kawasaki bike man was heading home stopped with his big momma effy jack and saved my butt, but that was after a girl from the station offered to change the wheel for me but pride stood in the way and I said all was good and waited for the next car with a bloke in it. :D
Trilby

Post by Trilby »

hehe... pride eh? you did look like you had it completely under control :) yup... that girl was me..... :p

Glad it all came out in the wash :D
Johno Senior

Post by Johno Senior »

Trilby, have mercy on me. :oops: :oops: :oops: :D
I am a man who has spent a lifetime being chivilerous and helping women change tyres, it was one of my best pick up lines.
In my 60 years your the first woman who has offered to change my tyre , for you it is obviously another day in the office but for me it was a milestone. Believe it or not it had such an impact it has been my favourite anecdote of the whole trip and been spoken at the bar every night this week.

Your help was appreciated greatly Trilby and the tip about phone range was gold.

Also whats the go with your awesome photos, I am on another international type forum for SOHC Hondas and you took a pic of bloke on one in AG750 class that I would like to post on the forum to show that not all SOHC Hondas are like mine , stuffed. Do I ID the pic and email you for price , permission etc. etc

Those sunrise shots are special, crawl , crawl, crawl
cheers johno
Mossy

Post by Mossy »

I'm sorry we didn't meet up.
I've sent you a PM with my email address, we'll try to catch up some time before next years Speedweek
Cheers Mossy
DLRA # 959
Trilby

Post by Trilby »

Johno Senior wrote:it has been my favourite anecdote of the whole trip and been spoken at the bar every night this week.
Aww Heck.... :oops: :oops: :oops: myself... but I can tell you it would have been a whole lot easier job you ended up having than we would have had with my little emergency jack I carry now I only live here in the suburbs and not out in the real bush :P

As for the photos I will PM you, I'm happy for folks to take my pics and use them for themselves... but the further they spread the more I worry about their use :)
Johno Senior

Post by Johno Senior »

back to where I was 3 weeks ago
Johno Senior

Post by Johno Senior »

Heads off, looks like the top of inlet side piston missing :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Johno Senior

Post by Johno Senior »

Head is good thank heavens, the ex valve and port copped an alloy spray but will clean up fine.
Johno Senior

Post by Johno Senior »

nice photo hey !
I think its interesting the hole is in the side of the piston not the top.

The top of the piston were ceramic coated, the skirts baked moly,
the piston clearances were increased from recomended 2& 3 thou to 3 & 4 thou
12.1 : 1 comp ratio
The spark was good at 35 deg max advance
sunnen fuel supreme

Engine was only started on rollers twice for about 1 min each time , not revved over 5 K
then 1 road run for about two miles at half throttle then first time the throttle was opened went to 3 cyl and smoked like Fcuk

A lot can happen in 3 minutes.
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

Thats some serious detonation for a NA bike :shock:

restricted jet or float needle on that cyl ? do the rest show any sign of problem, (look good in pic )
ROSS BROWN

Post by ROSS BROWN »

Oil control ring twisted during assembly...
Went back through your build diary to see what sort of rings you were using . .(cant find )
If you were using totalseal piston rings .. Their oil expander ring is extremely suspect..

Just saying..
Ross
IT IS ALL A RACE AGAINST TIME.
TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE.

HOW FAST CAN YOU GO ?

S/UF 925
momec3

Post by momec3 »

I got my 20 cents on Gregs theorem. We feel an overlapped expander on assembly and Jonho has obviously built the odd motor.
Nice pics but...
Post mortems are such fun.
Chris