Honda MG & MF 750

See cars and bikes being built for the salt

Moderator: DLRA

Johno Senior

Re: Honda MG & MF 750

Post by Johno Senior »

Well , fuelled up, oil up, battery up, Rollers gave me grief, I converted them from a 240 volt motor I used last year to a 12 volt ford V8 starter, but it wouldnt pull the skin off rice puddin, tried pushin, nearly fell off, the no lock business is bad news at low speed hay, pooped myself at 5 kph,
Anyway got the 24 volt battery out the forklift and BAM instant start up, after warm up for a minute sounded nice, shrp , good throttle responce etc,
will give her a run on the road with the NGK AF ratio meter to get things close then dyno last week of Feb, got a plan man.

now I must check the forum for info on getting it checked by scrutineer so no surprises, anyone in SA ????

Finny Finny Finny, getting closer :D
RGV

Post by RGV »

Looking Good Johno

Dave

Last Minute Racing
DLRA #928

2010 MPS/G 250 118 MPH
2011 Washed Out
2012 Washed Out
2013 MPS/G 250 131 MPH (RECORD)
2014 MPS/G 250 140 MPH (RECORD)
2015 MPS/F 250 DNF
2016 MPS/F 250 114 MPH (RECORD)
2017 MPS/F 250 DNF
harky

Post by harky »

check list in the rule book Johno , tick off list
remember spill kit , vehicle with 5w cb , fire ext for vehicle

yellow ---looks fast -- now for action ( for both of us )

cheers
harky
harky
DLRA #643
so far 120mph for$2000---imagine how fast I can go for $20,000
Johno Senior

Post by Johno Senior »

thanks for the tip Harky,
I will go to the upholstery guy today and see if he can make me a bike BRA like the car boys, around the front of the head stem, cover electrics, velcro and eyelets for zip tie to frame tubes. its a difficult little area to seal off and still have good easy quick access.

Whats with the secret squirrel stuff Harky............new bike.............no pics..............no pics ............didnt happen :D
cheers mate
harky

Post by harky »

yah yah
good to see you read the PM --easy to miss
the old GPZ is going to do the buisness ---- this year -----well given my history ----maybe
the AG busa is nearly done ---- think Bones will be the main man for AG ---or is he AF ??? anyway he will be the one to watch
Am saving film development costs with the photos
and not as IT savvy as you !!!
My AG ---- is a little different to others ----- I seem to do that
will try a photo
I've plumbed up the pipework to the rear radiators and will try to show that one day soon
I've plumbed up the pipework to the rear radiators and will try to show that one day soon
glimpse01.jpg (206.42 KiB) Viewed 27582 times
Fuel tank is under the bike
Fuel tank is under the bike
glimpse02.jpg (243.28 KiB) Viewed 27582 times
The bike is wired with Motec M84 and has sensors for front and rear wheel speed , fuel pressure , oil pressure , fuel temp , + all the normal EFI sensors
Now all I have to do is work out how to programme that lot , based on my record that could take years , I like carbys , but feel I am real "modern " with my laptop plugged to the bike
harky
DLRA #643
Johno Senior

Post by Johno Senior »

Harky , you old sneak, how cool is your new bike 8) 8) 8)

I must also say , how cool are those yellow mags 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Seriously its looking sensational and I am a bit envious, makes me scratch my head , all the money I pumped into the ol 69 cb750 to run 140 plus mph
and similiar price I could go fast enough on a Busa to scare the poo out of myself :D

Thanks for the pics mate , I was starting to feel lonely on the lead up to speed week.

I phoned Grame Hadley for the current SA bike scrutineer Shane Gaghen ph no which he sent me but I havent been able to get hold of him yet. where does he hang out in SA ? I am heading to Victor Harbor Lush racing Dyno late Feb so hoping to get a heads up on anything I missed scrutineering wise.

HARKY, HORNY LOOKING BIKE MAN :D WELL DONE
CHEERS JOHNO
harky

Post by harky »

Shane lives @ Meadows --- so Near Victor
or drop past M / vale and for a $1 I will scrutineer it
My Busa is A becuase I sit below the height of the rear tyre , and my feet position is @ the rear axle , and I have taken to the frame with my angle grinder
cutting wheel -------- great tool never leave home without one
the engine is std gen one , but go faster bits are being collected , as it is me thinks it will get the heart rate up --- and then up more !!!!
have to be careful @ our age NOT to get the heart rate into the fuzzi zone ---- you know light headed and dizzi !!!
harky
harky
DLRA #643
BONES

Post by BONES »

Hey Harky
how are you going to get the air in and out of the radiators?
Richard Assen had the radiator under the seat and had problems with overheating
It looks like the back of the bike will be pretty wide.
I left the radiator in it's original position on my bike because it doesn't increase the frontal area.
Johno
have you run the bike with the Lectrons yet?
A mate bought a pair for his Guzzi from Lectron-- they worked great with only a small adjustment of the needles
cheers Bones
harky

Post by harky »

Bones ," I have a cunning plan " I have always wanted to say that
I have fans on both radiators ( for warmup and low speed ) I will have a selection of ducting and the radiators will be = to my body width
they "vent "to the oval hole in the rear body work
This might all turn to O but thats part of the fun!!! the way you turned a std radiator around and refitted and plumbed it was / is something I considered , the long term thought is after I play naked and fit a body it can be completely without any venting in front !
AS I said , I may end up not haveing any advantage and there is no real aero advantage naked with what I am doing , but in a PS form it will be different the Radiators are el Ebay ( thicker ) VFR 1000 HONDA ---- with lots of plumbing to get the water back there --- air bleeds -- remote filler neck
it all keeps us quiet and occupied in our sheds
Looking forward to seeing you do the buiness
cheers
harky
harky
DLRA #643
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

Sorry for the thread hijack Johno

Richard was putting out around 400hp, and eventually got the rear radiator to work with ducting and extra capacity, Norm s handywork on the radiators
Johno Senior

Post by Johno Senior »

Sufferin catfish 400 HP, makes my ol 100HP look a bit boring. :shock:

I havent fooled around on bikes but built lots of speedway and circuit cars for customers and remote radiators work well, your right Harky , need good fans and evan better ducting, looking at your picture profile I'm thinking lots of baked beans for brekky and a hose from your pants ( ie bum area) straight to the radiators. Check out the old movie blazing saddles to see how much wind is capable. :D
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

in Richards case there was also an "old sock" full of ice,, :lol: ,,
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
Johno Senior

Post by Johno Senior »

OK all you techno heads out there with dyno experience.
I want to dyno for AF an timing etc but this power arc system is bit strange for me. each plug sparks 3 times in succession, cant use a strobe light according to maker cos the pick up on no1 lead just gets confused. So my question is can the dyno lead pickup for the tach be substituted for my green wire tach output wire from the module, ????

also if anyone is interested my first u tube posting of the bike as it started, short and lousy phone shot by one of the boys, took about a minute for it to warm up and get sharp and clear, when cold it wouldnt hold RPM so had to make out like boy racer to keep it going
type in "honda 750 mellow yellow".........look for balding head
AuotonomousRX

Post by AuotonomousRX »

Still trying to decide if I am a procrastinator

Pete :?
DLRA #866
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

Iv'e had a few Honda 4's Johno, and I'm balding too,(is there a common thread here ?) I swapped to HD's too late apparently :shock:
Sounds horny mate.
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering