Modified Blown Fuel 100cc

See cars and bikes being built for the salt

Moderator: DLRA

jpbyron

Modified Blown Fuel 100cc

Post by jpbyron »

Ok here are some pics and details from our build over the past few months. We really wanted to get hold of an old CB 100 but due to the expense and lack of, we decided to go with a CRF100F - a four stroke 100cc single. My dad has had some fast two strokes over the years but we thought a blown single four stroke on fuel would be more fun and LOUDER.... If nothing else we will make some noise.

Heres a quick wrap of the last few months

Day One - The stocker - what a rocket

Spacers for forks to reduce travel.

Nothing like a good workshop with every thing you need, need a bolt?

Remove rear shock and add clip ons

Weld rear struts in

Blower drive pulley - mounted to stock fly wheel. All done except grooves for belt. We will run outrigger bearing supported by cage.

Blower pulley next, as we only has a 100cc bike and a 300cc blower we only need to spin it at 1/3 rd engine speed to get one atmosphere to start with. So the pulley on the blower in very small, then of course you run into the problem of what belt can go around such a small diameter without destroying the belt.

Next mounting the blower, we are using a a Aisin supercharger, roots type, off a Subara only available in Japan

We got a turbo waste gate given to us from Gavin Spann, so we will modify this to use a blow off valve for the blower.

Grooves machined in pulleys, took a few hours to machine tool to cut 40 degrees grooves. All worked a treat. Belts just arrived, and new tacho.
You might also see we did the fuel calcs for how mush we need to run 3 miles flat out with a small percent of Nitro.

We are running an Amal Carb on the bike, the reason for this is my brother and I wanted to do this as my Dad ran Amals on his double engine triumph, and it seemed a cool thing to do. So we found this one on ebay off a 500cc landspeed bike, that ad read only used for 50 miles flat out.! Dad ran GPs but out of our price range

We have a remote fuel bowl, this way not mucking around with float height etc, we will just move the whole bowl up and down. This one was built to connect directly to the carby so we need to change connection.

So there is the last few months in a few shots, does not look like much when you write it up like this, but there is just a bunch of stuff that takes time, all the setting up and getting ready. Thanks to internetscooter for sharing how to get pics up from facebook.
Motorcycle Racer Lake Gairdner & Bonneville.

DLRA, SCTA & AMA record borrower
gennyshovel

Re: Modified Blown Fuel 100cc

Post by gennyshovel »

" We really wanted to get hold of an old CB 100 "

Damn JP, how many did you want ?
I have the makings of at least 3 engines shoved under a bench, along with the stroked postie donk (CB125 top)+ one with a FRZ top, err, front on it,and the dead 175
Tiny
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
momec3

Post by momec3 »

[quote="jpbyron"]Ok fuel would be more fun and LOUDER.... If nothing else we will make some noise.

quote]

Good to see you have got your priority's right. Its gotta sound right, every thing else will be a bonus. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chris
Chris
jpbyron

Post by jpbyron »

Well its been a busy few weeks. We are pretty much trying to stick to a timeline & if we have time at the end go back and beautify a few things.

We finished the blower pulleys, but found we had some runout on the crank. Image

So we machined and added extra support with the outrigger bearing in the support cage.

Managed to pick up this sweet RX125 Yammy as well 1978 just around the corner.

Next we machined the outlet manifold for the blower

This shot shows machined crankcase cover with stands for support cage and cage support also from the frame near blower.

Here is the first fire up of the bike with stock induction but belt turning the blower.

http://www.streaka.com/profile/afflick- ... EFryp6rOo/

We also got our stainless tube and silicon tube for the plumbing, we pushed a lip into stainless so silicon tube clamp had some help.
We also got delivery of our new but old Amal Methanol Fuel Bowl. Its in great shape.

We are going to do a boost test on the blower this Thursday, running it of the motor with stock induction set up. Will get back to you all on how much boost we do or don't have.

RGV

Post by RGV »

Great workshop and work.

Video link isnt working for me.

Dave

Last Minute Racing
DLRA #928

2010 MPS/G 250 118 MPH
2011 Washed Out
2012 Washed Out
2013 MPS/G 250 131 MPH (RECORD)
2014 MPS/G 250 140 MPH (RECORD)
2015 MPS/F 250 DNF
2016 MPS/F 250 114 MPH (RECORD)
2017 MPS/F 250 DNF
internetscooter

Post by internetscooter »

looking good!

Paul
Paul
---
DLRA #647
89.664 mph (aiming for 100mph+)
www.vespalabs.org
dplecko

Post by dplecko »

Love it, an inspiration to all.
jpbyron

Post by jpbyron »

To all, build still progressing every week. My dad has been putting a few extra hours in getting all the manifolds finished for the bike. Here is a good shot looking at the blower with the new carby manifold in place. You can also just see the outlet manifold on the back of the blower.

We have ten different things each we are trying to chase up, one of mine has been a front wheel and tyre. We really wanted a small frontal area, like a 17 x 1.4 rim, but getting a tyre that is that small & speed rated has been an issue. So I emailed Darrold Cummings who holds about a dozen 100cc records at Bonneville and he gave me the scoop on what he uses. Not as small as we wanted but its another box ticked. Here is a small wheel I got, but no luck on tyre. Such a pretty little thing!

Last week our little 30 & 33 tooth sprockets arrived, they are super small trying to get some top end. The 30 is too small but the 33 fits great and should give us 100mph at 10000rpm with a different primary gear. This has now caused a new problem, the angle of the chain with the super small sprocket is pretty close to the swing arm so I am now making a teflon block to help things along.

We are aiming to have the bike running in two weeks time. We just need to finish the inlet tube, mount an exhaust and the carby bowl.

Cant wait to fire the sucker up.

here are a couple of random pics - as you all know there are a thousand jobs that we all do and these are just a few above.

Top Fuel Drag Bike Racer Gavin Spann having a braaap

We did a four minute flat out test, naturally aspirated but turning the blower, checking the belt and boost pressure - all went well.

Excuse that ugly stock pipe, but you can see blower and manifolds - We have now also machined the round manifold down, everything is coming down to time

Also looking into leathers, if anyone has some good contacts. Tried a few up here but all put together like you are riding a 500cc two stroke, elbow pads, bent arms etc.

Cheers J-P and the team

AuotonomousRX

Post by AuotonomousRX »

JP

I was looking and I found these

Pirelli Diablo Race Slick 100/70 R 17

Bridgestone RACING BATTLAX 90/580R17

Pete
Still trying to decide if I am a procrastinator

Pete :?
DLRA #866
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

i notice Gavs got a firm grip on that clutch lever,, :lol: :lol:
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
jpbyron

Post by jpbyron »

Thanks Pete. Will have a look. I guess the racing rating covers us? FYI Darrold in US uses the Goodyear Frontrunner of an alcohol dragster. 2.5 x 17. Fits on a 2.15 x 17 rim. Originally was hoping for something as small as 70 x 70 x 17.

jpbyron

Post by jpbyron »

It does look like Gav has got a firm grip. He just ran 6.97sec in Sydney last weekend. Put the fire out at 1000ft. Was 5:6sec at a 1000 ft so was on a 6.6sec pass until it started mixing up cylinders.

jpbyron

Post by jpbyron »

Hi guys thought I would share the start up of the bike for the first time since we have made all the changes.

All went well, believe it or not it kick started on the 3rd kick, not bad for blown fuel single. Still a bunch of work to do as Feb is fast approaching.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=57 ... =2&theater

Merry Christmas to all, play safe and enjoy.

J-P AAA Racing