FEET FORWARD AG1350

See cars and bikes being built for the salt

Moderator: DLRA

harky

Re: FEET FORWARD AG1350

Post by harky »

Time for an update —— been a while
work as re started —— after 2019 speedweek , old bike was stable and did 174 mph , which for a “ naked” Hayabusa based std gen 1 engine is not too bad
ok FF progress
frame has been jigged and welded , and out rigger —-“ trainer wheel” system has been started and partly tacked in place
it will be 12v linear actuators, driven , fuel tank will be under the seat and be 12ish litres ( 2 1/2 gallons) cooling is a combination of small air flow radiator and small radiator in a water / ice container.
steering is cable , i would like rods / linkages , but that looks to be too problematic.( read hard to do ) exhaust will be 4 short separate pipes
lots still to decide , the out rigger wheels ,i am looking for wider ,flat ,high speed rated wheels ( 100mm / 4” )
front suspension is as in the post but i will need to be able to fit a variety of different length shocker / spring units ( by that i mean the spring rate ect won’t become clear until i know the front weight ) so i will have multiple threaded points to give me many options
Last edited by harky on Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
harky
DLRA #643
so far 120mph for$2000---imagine how fast I can go for $20,000
russelllowe

Post by russelllowe »

Hi Harky, looking great!

Will you be using a rocker system to multiply the travel of the linear actuators? I thought just one actuator would be ideal, then there is no chance of one being up and one being down. Keen to hear where you get them from because Ill need one for my auto clutch for next year.

Cheers!
harky

Post by harky »

Russell
the actuators will pivot close to to the mount point , which makes any movement very quick @ the outer point .
the chassis mounts are rubber shocker bushes , and the actuators will have some spring travel , (maybe some valve springs )
I would like one actuator to do both arms , but can’t see that as a design . so 2 actuators and individually powered ,with micro switches and lights that tell me when they are up ( green light ) and when they are down ( red light ) they have self switching at both travel positions so turn off @ each position
I will pm you some of the flea bay sites for actuators , they have different travel rates and load capacities. and quite surprising cheap. i will use high load versions . as i want them to be down and support the bike all the time —— except for zoom time 😱
You should be happy with speed weeks outcome —— lots watching with interest
have done a lot more
photos soon
harky
harky
DLRA #643
harky

Post by harky »

not much happening on our forum
bit of an update to progress
total length is 3.9m and 3.3 wheelbase
fuel tank ( stainless ) is behind the seat
steering is in place ( not the cables , just the mounted handlebars and levers to drive the cables , i have welded the flat stainless floor in place , and and a central 50x50 rhs then a V-ed stainless tray , this makes the frame torsional strength much more acceptable.
Last edited by harky on Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
harky
DLRA #643
RGV

Post by RGV »

I see its for sale Harky?

Dave

Last Minute Racing
DLRA #928

2010 MPS/G 250 118 MPH
2011 Washed Out
2012 Washed Out
2013 MPS/G 250 131 MPH (RECORD)
2014 MPS/G 250 140 MPH (RECORD)
2015 MPS/F 250 DNF
2016 MPS/F 250 114 MPH (RECORD)
2017 MPS/F 250 DNF
harky

Post by harky »

bit of an update , and test of new postimage, the tinypics system i was using has become a pay system,
the pic should show my rear brake upgrade , front disc and caliper of a busa , the bike will be 400+ kgs so i think the small rear busa brakes need an upgrade .
I have steering and gearchange cables in place
the cooling system has been a long and changing thought process , there is no direct air flow to any of my cooling
i have ended up with an alloy version of a BMC mini turned 90 deg —- so now side tank and not top tank , welded in long filler neck , the water then goes to a second ( small ) radiator—- both has electric fans , time will tell ( water capacity is a few 2/3 more litres than a std bike )
wireing and plumbing ( fuel and water ) are now the focus
view from the driver / riders seat
latest overview, and clearly tidy up day is in order 🤪
harky
DLRA #643
harky

Post by harky »

I have re posted some early photos ( that were taken down , now that tinypics is not a free host)
some of these will be different to the original progress pictures
i will add a few more to get the progress story —— in pictures 😜
harky
DLRA #643
russelllowe

Post by russelllowe »

Looking great Harky, whats your timeline looking like?
harky

Post by harky »

This video is an update of where i am up to
the bike is , as far as construction goes , mostly complete , I now have to wire and plumb , paint and prepare it ie final speed prep , lock wired , loctite , salt proof ect , the wiring loom has to be salt proof , it is a time and effort thing
i also have an engine to prep for this bike , so being ready for 2020 is possible , but shaky

one comment was the arms are too slow , but in less than 2 seconds the wheels are up over 60 mm which is way past the ride height ( ground clearance ) of the chassis , the time they take after that is of no significance.
one option is to have the ecu put them up / down in first gear , but i will have a manual rotary switch in easy reach of my left hand

https://youtu.be/iK9rFO6MUio
harky
DLRA #643
russelllowe

Post by russelllowe »

Nice one Harky, speed looks fine to me. How firm are the wheels in place when they are half way up? Just thinking about what would happen if you were to tip over at slow speed ... they could probably stay down until 50kph or so couldn't they? It'd be pretty stable by then.

Got my fingers crossed for you for 2020, be good to see a proper hayabusa out there ...

Cheers!
harky

Post by harky »

as soon as they move up , they start to fold in .
I will decide after a test run how soon i activate the up switch
having the Motec control them is still a possibility, ie when i’m in first gear they are down , change into second up they go
lack of testing is a big issue for most of us , but especially those of us with very different bikes .
i am looking @ hiring ( for an hour ) an airstrip , not got serious yet .
harky
DLRA #643
momec3

Post by momec3 »

Ask the question at your local airstrip. They might be helpful.
Chris
russelllowe

Post by russelllowe »

How far out of Adelaide do you have to go to find an empty road?
harky

Post by harky »

We. have all been searching for an empty road , the list is
long , straight , bitumen, dead end , no a-joining or cross roads , with phone reception ( we can be warned of other users )
i don’t want to do 200 mph , a test at 100ks would be useful ———— still looking for THAT road , there is a private airstrip 100 + ks from adelaide, that maybe “ hireable “ again i don’t want to see how fast i can go ( that’s for the lake ) a shake down test would be useful, We now have Tailem Bend complex , and soon the drag strip will be finished, but just a coffee there is the cost of re mortgage the house . i am still a long way off running this thing but looking at how and where to test is something we all never stop looking for 🤔😖
harky
DLRA #643
penny

Post by penny »

have you thought of contacting Goolwa airport , lots of hobby stuff there and ultralights ., they may allow some other sensible Taxi ing .
Have a look at the website under Fees
glengowrie annexe of the Institute of Backyard Studies