Shaguar

See cars and bikes being built for the salt

Moderator: DLRA

Lynchy

Re: Shaguar

Post by Lynchy »

Here's a few more photos!! Gaz has been fitting bits back on to the car.

DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

Very pretty, I can understand the the white underneath and inside to match the salt but it will be dust red before it gets to the lake. Be interesting to see how it stands up.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
BIG GAZ

Post by BIG GAZ »

The idea on the white is so I could spot any rust spots early. Should be next week being a jag :)
Gaz
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

BIG GAZ wrote:The idea on the white is so I could spot any rust spots early. Should be next week being a jag :)
Gaz
That's not fair Gary, You can't catch your own throws........ looks bloody spesh by the way.
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

I keep looking for the roof chop. it's pretty subtle for a 3 inch cut.
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Some more photos....

the engine, ready for the dyno

the rear screen installed

the front screen installed

the head restraints painted and in position

and another view. Gaz has also fitted up the doors done a bit of the wiring and the rear end is ready for the diff to go in. He's picked up all the Motec gear and it is also ready to go in. He's working round the clock in order to get it ready to go.

Lynchy
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

SWEEEEEET !! :wink:
CHEERS,
Rod. #811

www.rodsandrelics.com.au
GeeTee

Post by GeeTee »

Dr Goggles wrote:SM run an article each time the event is on, they pay people to go and cover it. The event coverage of Speedweek runs to Fuel, AMCN, Australian Street Rodding,Cruzin, sometimes Two Wheels and the occasional SA newspaper cover, so , outside their own mag the exposure that their signage gets would be what ? 40,000 copies a year with between a week and a month shelf life. You're kind of preaching to the choir. There is little benefit for SM to have signage on a car......their main sponsor dollar goes to Summernats from what I can see....ask yourselves why that is?

I'm not scoffing or ridiculing the idea but where is the "earn" on their investment? A full scale write up on the car would be nice, but I can't see them throwing money at someone racing a salt car...I could be wrong but I haven't seen their logo on any competition cars lately.

Doesn't change the fact it's a sweet build. :wink:

I might ask Seddo for a sticker :D

Shaguar that is XXXing sensaish, first time I have seen it here, I have little doubt that the office lads at SM (a magazine that myself and photographer Simon Davidson - we will both be at LG - and I contribute to) will take a look at this for a feature. See you there
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Here's a photo from the weekend

GeeTee - The engine might look familiar, it was in SM back in 1988, it's had a few updates though and a change of chassis. It was in Gaz's Falcon 2 door "Ovakil". The 2 door is hiding in the background of some of these pics. (RHS rear of Jag)
David Leikvold

Post by David Leikvold »

From that angle it looks like the top of the blower will be the same height as the chopped roof :D. What a fabulous car!

Cheers
Dave :D
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

It is!
RGV

Post by RGV »

That is one fantastic looking car, cant wait to see it and hear it in the flesh.

Thanx
Dave

Last Minute Racing
DLRA #928

2010 MPS/G 250 118 MPH
2011 Washed Out
2012 Washed Out
2013 MPS/G 250 131 MPH (RECORD)
2014 MPS/G 250 140 MPH (RECORD)
2015 MPS/F 250 DNF
2016 MPS/F 250 114 MPH (RECORD)
2017 MPS/F 250 DNF
team shep

Post by team shep »

the shaguar looks fantastic lynchy, cant wait to hear/see it on LG.
shep :D
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Gaz posted this earlier today:
The dyno run brought to light a few issues so I got the extra Magnafuel 750 EFI fuel pump from the US last week along with an MSD crank trigger (for a Winsdor which I have modified). The cam sensor is being machined up this week end so I will have a Ref and Sync signal to the MoTec rather than the 60 minus 2 two chopper wheel I used in the '80's. This should give much more stable timing. All the fire lines look good. I used about 60 feet of 1/4" stainless line and about 12 nozzles. I am still thinking about putting one in the boot.I have just about worn out my flaring tool, if not my delicate hands. I am also putting in a fuel level indicator into the tank as well as a fuel temp sensor. Two fuel pumps mean I need two -10 non return valves and two extra fuel pressure sensors into the MoTec so I can tell if one pump is failing or blocked. The digital Club Dash has 8mb of logging as well as a GPS so along with the hall effect wheel speed sensor I have put into the rear wheel I can get ground speed and wheel speed. From that the computer can determine % wheel slip as well as gear position (using rpm). I am so excited about the car finally making its debut after 7 years. If it doesn't go at least it will look good!
and he'd sent me a few photos that I've been trying to find the time to post. So here they are:

This is the crank angle sensor and below is the fire extinguisher lines:

This photo also shows off the fuel line (hose), the windscreen fitting, the finish of the headers and the pop top camper in the background.

I'll post more photos if Gaz ever gets around to sending me some. I've been asking for a side on shot of it with doors and guards on and the wheels fitted for a while now.

Lynchy
BONES

Post by BONES »

Gaz
The car is looking ffaanntastic!!
have you got any paint left? what color? I would like to paint my dragbike the same.
cheers Bones