Shaguar

See cars and bikes being built for the salt

Moderator: DLRA

gennyshovel

Re: Shaguar

Post by gennyshovel »

Rob, are you sure the Shaguar didn't just swerve to miss the 'roo?
What a mongrel, it's such a gorgeous thing too .
Tiny
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
T-34

Post by T-34 »

Truly a thing of beauty, sorry to hear you guys had a bit of a ding-dong
#809Image
GeeTee

Post by GeeTee »

It's only superficial!!

This was THE car of the event, I reckon. Congrats.

Dust: a caravan-style forward facing roof vent will sort it out
Rob

Post by Rob »

GeeTee wrote: Dust: a caravan-style forward facing roof vent will sort it out
We had a couple of open vents in the front of the bus and a forward facing vent in the roof front plus I was experimenting with various combinations of open and shut forward side windows. Nothing helped!!! In the end I left all the front side windows open because they evacuated the dust from the rear and floor before it got to us. I spent the dirt portion of the trip standing right up the front and everything behind got covered in ever thickening levels of dust. We duct taped the rear and read side doors which tapered it down some but you can see from the dirty broken car pic inside the bus that it didn't help really.

Once on the tar we opened the front doors and all the side windows, I think we streamed a red trail well past Port Augusta :D
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

I should have a memory stick from Big Gaz in the letterbox tonight. If I do, I'll post some pics tonight
momec3

Post by momec3 »

Gaz, well down, sorry I was the bad advise and set you back one run for the week.
Regardless the fffing bonnet would have popped regardless so that negates the issue.
To repay you I have video of Boris hitting the back of the Jag full noise with enthusasium.Its great video, I'll pop it and all the other good stuff on a stick and post it to you Monday.

What a week. Big in every respect and a culmination of massive work for many of us.
Pressurise the bus. No dust then.
Was a pleasure to pit with you guys, can't wait for next year.
Chris
Chris
BIG GAZ

Post by BIG GAZ »

What happenned is water under the bridge and adds to my unbelievable experience for the week. Why it happened is something the club needs to learn from. Not everyone knows that you were team manager for three cars and a dozen people (personalities) as well as chief starter which we can see now is an impossible task. It is difficult for officials to race as well and Bob will attest to that. After all the years of helping I must admit feeling guilty this year of not contributing and running the car. We do what we can. I didn't see an abundance of hands shoot up for Chief Stater at the AGM. It was also a please pitting with your team and please thank Kath for her efforts with us. Paul and I will start on the whole communication problem soon. Paul has some great ideas.
Gaz
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Found some time to post some pics...

and this is the final shot after the spin at 195mph when the bonnet popped open and upset the aero

Lynchy
BIG GAZ

Post by BIG GAZ »

Ahh.. you've gotta laugh!
I don't mind saying that even after all these years of looking at it the thing just gets better and better. I downloaded the MoTec video files last night. I havent synch'd the data info so the guages dont show in the video and the camera positions were crap but what I did get looks and sounds great. Definately chubby material, at least for me. When I work out how to get the file loaded up here I will post it. The best one is the 175mph lic pass with chute pull. The sound of the straight cut 'box, the blower winding out is the stuff dreams are made of. Thanks again for everyone's accolades. That is not the reason you build a car like that but recognition after 8 years in the shed is nice.
GAZ
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

You'll have to nail the bonnet up on the shed wall too!!
BIG GAZ

Post by BIG GAZ »

What? And put a hole in it.
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

BIG GAZ wrote:Ahh.. you've gotta laugh!
I don't mind saying that even after all these years of looking at it the thing just gets better and better. I downloaded the MoTec video files last night. I havent synch'd the data info so the guages dont show in the video and the camera positions were crap but what I did get looks and sounds great. Definately chubby material, at least for me. When I work out how to get the file loaded up here I will post it. The best one is the 175mph lic pass with chute pull. The sound of the straight cut 'box, the blower winding out is the stuff dreams are made of. Thanks again for everyone's accolades. That is not the reason you build a car like that but recognition after 8 years in the shed is nice.
GAZ
You might have to upload the files into something like youtube Gaz, it's take a LONG while though,,the Frase vids I uploaded took 23 hrs !
I wanna I wanna I wanna SEE ! :shock:
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
T-34

Post by T-34 »

Agreed. The bonnet needs to become a wall ornament. Offerings to the god of speed etc..

Good to see the growler is still intact.

Nice photos. BTW.
#809Image
Mossy

Post by Mossy »

I bet it still looks fantastic from the back
Cheers Mossy
DLRA # 959
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

For youtube you can download a video editor , after editing the download for my 256mph run took about 1/2 hr on a motel wifi link