Shaguar

See cars and bikes being built for the salt

Moderator: DLRA

BIG GAZ

Re: Shaguar

Post by BIG GAZ »

That might be more about the driver than the vehicle :)
Jay S Jay

Post by Jay S Jay »

Original OVAKIL article featured in Street Machine in the 80's, is attached as a bonus in next weeks edition.
Wish they did a update feature.
BIG GAZ

Post by BIG GAZ »

All in good time....
Jay S Jay

Post by Jay S Jay »

Any updates on the new powerplant?
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

I heard that he's got a new engine... a supercharged 5.0 litre V8 Jaguar engine out of an XF! Any truth to that rumour Biggus?
BIG GAZ

Post by BIG GAZ »

It is an XJL not the lowly XF.
The 5ltr Supercharged SuperSport engine is staying where it is.
I am getting the 7.4ltr stroker crank for the V12 ground down to Chev small journal pin size. If it cleans up at that good, we can work with piston pin heights and rod lenghts. That's where it gets interesting (and expensive).
Jay S Jay

Post by Jay S Jay »

What's the latest in engine news. Where is the blown Ford V8?
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

There was talk over the weekend of a naturally aspirated high comp V12 that is available for sale at a good price. It needs the intake to be set up and would most likely end up fuel injected because all the hardware is there for it already. This is the most likely engine for next year at the moment.

The blown motor will be retired to another car that Gaz has - not a land speed car - and a blown V12 will continue to be worked on for a couple of years down the track.

The jag will be push started by the Interceptor!
Jay S Jay

Post by Jay S Jay »

What's the latest on the engine front now?
BIG GAZ

Post by BIG GAZ »

The NA V12 is being stripped and checked in Geelong. Big valves, head work, bored and stroked to about 6 ltr, 12:1 comp, Manley H beam rods, forged steel crank. I am just chasing up some camshafts at the moment then it can be buttoned up and brought home to Sydney where I will do the fuel rails and the dry sump. I may use the newer M1 Motec and put the M800 on the Falcon that way I can go full sequential ignition and sequential injection. Building the extractors should be relatively easy but not sure how pretty I can make them being 3 into 2 into 1 or 2 into 3 into 1 if you know what I mean. Still lots to do.
GAZ
Jay S Jay

Post by Jay S Jay »

When Lynchy mentioned the Interceptor will push the jag, he didn't mean Ovakil did he?
BIG GAZ

Post by BIG GAZ »

No he didn't. He is talking about the ED Falcon look alike. Getting two trailered cars to the salt will be problematic, and expensive. I might have to get another bus!
GAZ
Jay S Jay

Post by Jay S Jay »

Any chance the blown motor is running in the Falc before the screaming V12 is in?
BIG GAZ

Post by BIG GAZ »

I have a number of projects on the run at the moment with three engine rebuilds being done in three different cities in two states. The Falcon is the third priority as the other two need to be finished by Feb next year.
I think it is unlikely at this stage unless I win the lottery and can farm the work out.
Again unlikely as I don't buy lottery tickets :)
Gaz
Jay S Jay

Post by Jay S Jay »

I thought the blown ford v8 was complete with the new block?