2008 engine build

See cars and bikes being built for the salt

Moderator: DLRA

gennyshovel

Re: 2008 engine build

Post by gennyshovel »

Progress is still happening in "the hill" with the postie,,,,s l o w l y ,,
The new conrod(3mm longer) enabled me to up the compression ratio to 15.5 / 1 ,which the methanol will love
. The rod ratio is now 2.28 / 1
Hopefully , this combination should enable me to "safely" pull 12,000 rpm next year without dropping it's innards onto the salt.
To help keep things in place, I'm making an engine strap out of 3/8" staninless steel bar, anchored to the upper rear engine mount, and the footrest mount castings under the engine, and tied into the front engine mount casting, ending up over the head where it's reinforced with some 1/8" Stainless plate, between which sits a 1/4" "H" bracket tapped to 8mm x 1.25 which will allow me to apply an extra 15 ft/lb to the head, via 2 countesunk head allen bolts kindly put there by Yamaha (for no apparent reason?)
I'll post some pics of the completed setup once its finished.
Work has also started on a fairing nose cone mould (taken from a voodoo jet fighter wing tank), and that is taking a LOT of work, but it's almost ready for a "buck" mould, but then there is the middle and back sections to design / build.
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
momec

Post by momec »

Tiny a good battery drill should spin fast enough for what you want. A bit more control with it too. You can use a hand held speed brace if thats all you have.
Chris
Acme Racing #251
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

More update pics
Lets see the head blow off now !

If it does, at least I won't run over it

Tiny DLRA# 484
ROSS BROWN

Post by ROSS BROWN »

IT's been three months since your last confession Tiny.....
Whats happening in here.....?
Cheers "Nosey" :P
IT IS ALL A RACE AGAINST TIME.
TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE.

HOW FAST CAN YOU GO ?

S/UF 925
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

he's playin' possum. :wink:
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

Err,, well,,,,,gulp,,,I won't be ready,,,fast (HA !) fiberglass indeed teach,,,,,, :?:
But,,everything in the shed has turned pinkish white, including a new species of spider,,the pink back .
I'm up to my 8th kg of bog dust,,bog on,,,bog off,,and its (the glass rendition of the plaster of paris cast I took from Clarey's [Csquared] tank what seems like a decade ago.)not a Buck yet.
I've peeesed orf the radiator,,and made a flash 7 ltr alloy water tank that sits under the swing arm, complete with 2 pinhole leaks :|
But,,,the seeds of "project 2013" have been sown,(perhaps I'd better call it "project 2015"if it's anything like "2008") and yup,,true to form,,it'll be another "slow" bike.but with an extra wheel,on a stick,and it'll whirr and it'll scream,,,and ,,no,,its NOT a spew stroke (apologies to Brett DeBest )
Tiny DLRA# 484
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

Once apon a time , in a village far far away,,the townfolk drank "special" water , this water enabled the drinker to think of "different" things to build, "different" things to do,,,although all these "different" things revolved around one more "special" thing,,,,,,,,,
THE HUMBLE MILK CRATE
Last edited by gennyshovel on Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tiny DLRA# 484
ben james

Post by ben james »

what are you guys on, ya bunch of freaks.
that looks fun
ben james dlra#389
moriwaki monster.
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

C'mon Tiny, put it up, go on you know the one I mean, put it up there, yeah that one where the horizon shifted.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Reverend Hedgash

Post by Reverend Hedgash »

I hope the net wasn't up on that court...
DLRA Member#412
ROSS BROWN

Post by ROSS BROWN »

Tiny,
One wrist band means that your at the races.....
Two wrist bands mean that youv'e been let out of the assylum for the day 8)

What might you want to be fitting that supercharger too Tiny...
Also see that you lot don't waste to much of that "special water" on the surounding enviroment.

"WHEEL ON A STICK" " Class act ! " :lol:
IT IS ALL A RACE AGAINST TIME.
TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE.

HOW FAST CAN YOU GO ?

S/UF 925
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

A slight change of direction

Meet Laszlo , those that know the "real" Laszlo will understand,, :wink:
You might recognise the frame, it's Cec Fraser's M/F-175 from last year, with the CBR250's forks , swingarm and wheels, and like all projects, it's eating up the quids real fast.
I'm picking up the blower extended drive shaft, the machined pulleys (choice of 8.5 LB, and 10.5 LB boost) this week, and hope to finish the welding on the SS intake and hopefully, finish the collector, fit the blower and measure centres so as to order a couple of glymer 25mm HDT5 belts.
I'm taking the drive from the L/H side by extending the crank bolt that holds the CDI trigger in place with a grade 8 bolt I've had machined, this will be supported by an oiled bush located behind the drive pulley in the engine cover, hopefully,,,,
I can't find the cams I need (yet) so if anyone has a set from a 1986 cbr250F in stock,,lemmee know (only the 1st year used cam timing with zero overlap between ex closing, and inlet opening) and I might be tempted to take that constipated rocking horse off your hands too.
Last edited by gennyshovel on Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiny DLRA# 484
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

Hey Tfer,
I tried calling you back yesterday but there was some woman minding your phone telling me to "leave a short ten second message and we will send it by text".....I was tempted to do what I do to Grumm and speak gibberish .......I 'll speak soon,

So , the direction change, enlighten us. :?:
grumm441

Post by grumm441 »

Dr Goggles wrote:Hey Tfer,
I tried calling you back yesterday but there was some woman minding your phone telling me to "leave a short ten second message and we will send it by text".....I was tempted to do what I do to Grumm and speak gibberish .......I 'll speak soon,

So , the direction change, enlighten us. :?:

I just thought that was how you spoke
G
They make it
I make it work