See cars and bikes being built for the salt

Moderator: DLRA

momec

Post by momec »

Go Tiny
Acme Racing #251
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

After a false labor last night, consisting of up to 12 little fannyfarts, (small farts for some, but HUGE subliminal messages were contained in 'em ) Mr and Mrs Yamondah are pleased to announce the safe arrival of their son, Postie clone yamonda, weighing in @ 96KG, and measuring a whopping 62" today @ 2.14 PM
Thankis to Dr Bob of fatgut racing, Wilso from (ex) Premier sidecars ,Scotty and Jamie @ Nejaim steel supplies, Stewie @ RJD engineering, Ebay, THC inspirations and all the local and interstate revhead shops who have contributed to the birth (just WHO is the father ?)
Special thanks my missus Kat for the creation station she built us, and the humidicrib Postie sits in, awaiting the extra fuel level he needs to bellow like the tru blu LSR dreamer he will grow up to be.......
http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t24/ ... tartup.flv
http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t24/ ... tarted.flv

On a more serious note, the good news,,,,,,,,it runs,,,,oil pressure smack bang on the 55 PSI that was planned, and nothing has fallen out of the engine (yet), after running for 3 non consecutive minutes.
The bad news,,it'll only run @ part throttle, with the choke on, but thats a minor detail that'll be sorted later,,,oh,,and the kickstarter return spring broke (bugga,,thats spring No 2 , in 30 kicks !) , and,,I've drunk all the whikky there was put aside for the occasion.....
Belt that OZlotto where the sun don't shine mr tattersall, I don't need it anymore,,,,,,
Tiny
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
SPOOK

2008 engine rebuild

Post by SPOOK »

Fantastic effort, fantastic result. It really sounds great. hope to see you on the salt. Dont forget to bring a spare kicker spring and a can of "start ya bastard". Best of luck in the final tuning phase. Cheers Russell.
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

:D Great to see it mostly done and running , work of art 8)
hawkwind racing

Post by hawkwind racing »

WOOO HOOO & YEEEAAAHH,ai'nt it just the ducks guts when they actually run :D grins all round
Gary
fastest busa in Captains flat pop. 200
Dr Goggles

have a cigar

Post by Dr Goggles »

good one T'fer, now, get your arse to church and start praying for that lake.

It' a great little build diary this one,can't wait to see what the bike does with a wrist full..

Congrats :wink: :wink:
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Congrates,
I've been watching this build with great interest.
Well done !!
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
CHEERS,
Rod. #811

www.rodsandrelics.com.au
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

Thanks blokes (and goggz)
It (oops,,HE !) shouldn't have started,,,,,and more to the point, it should have gone WHOOF !
While I was whingin' about Japper carbs and their liberal use of nylon fuel fittings, and their one off rubber seals (yeah,,the ones that bi-degrade after 2 years) and decided to fit good 'ol reliable brass fittings, there appeared to be an "extra" hole in the float bowl(s), which I promptly tapped and plugged.
Today I fought the whisky head , pulled carb off and connected fuel line back up, stoked up the fuel pump to make sure the needle and seat were doing their thang, squirt,,DAMN,,,maybe old age ain't that bad after all, the reading specs saved me from temporary blindness when a jet of fuel came gushing outa the air bleed orifice ???????? whatda,,,,
2 hrs and numerous needle and seat changes, float level checks, it still Hemorrhaged fuel everywhere .
Then, in despiration, I tried again with the "extra" hole unplugged,,damn,,no leaks ????
It seems it was a bowl breather,,,not something that should be plugged up after all, lol.
Guess where all that extra fuel ended up ?
Downdraught carby right ?
YUP..in the oil, sitting patiently inside the crankcase , waiting for the temp to get just right for spontaneous combustion to happen.
Best I ask for the lake to be dry next march, while someone is looking after me eh goggs !
He's sitting , draining his life / death blood avay, and waiting 'till the crankcase smells like castrol gps again, and not like petrol, before I see how he'll run now
Tiny DLRA# 484
momec

Post by momec »

Con grats Tiny.
More fuel more timing, never fails.
I think the baby is due for the BOTTLE now.
Chris :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Acme Racing #251
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

The young fella's running better now, but far from where I want, "idles" 'bout 3 g and puts Victor's burnout chev in soft *ock dept when given a fist full (yeah, a slight stretch 'o the truth), I put the tach on tonight,the reading on a twist might suprise me next startup I recon ?
Fraze is lending me a flatslide carb to try out on the weekend, before I try and sort out the downdraft CV horror (prolly not worth the effort)
A FCR downdraft is outa reach for the wallet this year, as is injection, so I'll compromise the best I can this time 'round I guess.
He's a tit man chris, no bottle for this kid !
Tiny
Tiny DLRA# 484
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

Well, the carb swap didn't help much, I'll back the timing off a bit and try again,,,,once I stop the rocker cover(s) from spewing slippery wet stuff all over the place,,,,anyone have a spare tardis laying 'round ? I might need an extra few months to sort this shit out :x
Tiny
Tiny DLRA# 484
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

Carb No3 is on, oil leak's fixed,jetting was(is) becoming a pain in the ass, well, 'till I noticed the locknut from the fuel pressure regulator sitting on the shed floor :oops:
Prob No 1,,flooding carb, thinking it had something to do with carb angle, I hung the new 32mm flattie off the side, flooding stopped.
Then its too rich,,,back off main,,,drop down 2 sizes in pilot,,still rich,,,,,sooting plugs like their two bob each (try $5)
Then outa the blue,,it sounds lean?,,,,pull carb (again, in readyness to change jets again), and I'm amazed to find bowl empty, that's when my brain connected the 1/2 nut on the floor, with the fuel pressure regulator, oops,,a simple adjustment solved the empty bowl, and the richness(almost) it seems I had a self adjusting regulator :oops:
Another good thing to come from this, is seing as I don't have the only size pilot jet I need, and after 30+ years of thinking about buying a set of number drills, I finally bought a set, so in a few days (yeah, the isolation sux sometimes) I'll make the #40 pilot I need
I wonder what I did in my spare time before the addiction hit?
Tiny
Tiny DLRA# 484
Dr Goggles

he he he he

Post by Dr Goggles »

gennyshovel wrote:Carb No3 is on, oil leak's fixed,jetting was(is) becoming a pain in the ass, well, 'till I noticed the locknut from the fuel pressure regulator sitting on the shed floor :oops:

ahhh the "left-overs"....just as you're adjusting a bonnet ...."aw gee , that looks like a flywheel bolt?????"............
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

I guess I'll have a number drill set , that may not ever be needed, after sorting the fuel pressure prob,,I tried the jet combo that didn't work last time, with the pilot screw back where it's 'sposta be,,ign on, water and fuel pump on,,,,,throttle closed (open @ ya own peril), kick,,,,lumpety lumpety lump,,,as close to purrrrfection ya can get, without a road test,,,idle @ 'bout 1,500,,so I let it sit there,,no sign of stopping,,so tried dropping idle down,,,well, its never gonna need to idle anyway :lol:
Tiny
Tiny DLRA# 484
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

It's a good job I like me,,'cos the neighbors sure don't, and the missus has flattened the telly remote batteries pumping up the volume enough to drown out the testing,,,,,,but,,,,who cares,,hopefully,,a new chain tomorrow,,and test flog tuesday mornin', early,,, with some video of the event to post in lala land soon :D
Tiny
Tiny DLRA# 484