gazza414

Post by gazza414 »

Good to hear she fired up Gary...it spurs on the motivation :lol:
1 FAST HAYABUSA 217.443mph so far
9 Official Timeslips over 200mph
Very much the apprentice
hawkwind racing

Post by hawkwind racing »

Well I'm entering a dyno shootout this saturday , 3 runs for $45 a hell of a lot cheaper than $500 (usual charge ) for dyno hire and operator , I hope to get more data for tuning purposes , not blow it up (again) and maybe even win a trophy , see what happens ,anyone interested its at the rear of # 3 powells rd brookvale (sydney) starts 8pm finish ??

cheers
gary
fastest busa in Captains flat pop. 200
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

It's looking pretty flash these days Gary , all the best for the shootout mate, you deserve it.
Tiny
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
BOB ELLIS

Post by BOB ELLIS »

Looks bloody Flash alright!,But where do the icecreams go?
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

and what is the speed rating of a two wheel trolley tire?
Reverend Hedgash

Post by Reverend Hedgash »

Great work Gary, can't wait to see it in the flesh and more importantly, can't wait to see it disappear into that horizon leaving just the engine note for us to chew on...

rH+
DLRA Member#412
grumm441

Post by grumm441 »

Yoiks
They make it
I make it work
Dr Goggles

thats the go

Post by Dr Goggles »

nice one Gary, looks great, don't gut it on the dyno....
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
hawkwind racing

I again had problems ,made one run at minimum boost to get a base reading ,went ok ,took the bike off the dyno ( major effort to get on and off with the POS ) made some adjustments ,back on again and at 2 psi it keept going WWWAAAYYYY lean ,off the dyno again ,unable to rectfy the problem on the day :( , at least its still in one peice :) , tracked the reason down today :oops: lets just say being a cheap bastard and trying to cut costs on some things will bite you in the arse ,Im now looking at how to rejig things so its usuable at the drags ,really needs test & tune time to sort out , many thanks to Bones & swozzie for their help ,much appreciated guys :D
cheers
gary
hawkwind racing

post mortum 09

2009 was not a good year for hawkwind racing , I was not comming to speedweek this year due to the ill health of my wife, but a last minute decission on saturday afternoon saw me hastely packing and hooking up the trailer with a not finished bike ,driving straight through 21 hrs and arriving sunday afternoon to a flooded track :shock: :cry: , I tossed a coin and decided to stay and see what would happen , a condition of me attending was I had to be back home again by friday night , monday (no racing) passed by ,kept bussy with scrutineering ,tuesday ,again no racing and further scrutineering,finally racing started tue arvo ,which I worked in getting the bike ready for racing ,passed tech and lined up wednesday morning on a bike that had very little time running ,infact I did not know how it would handle ,or even if it would change gears as on the dyno it only used 3 gear , well to cut a long story short ,it changed gears fine , handled like it was on rails , things were looking good for its shakedown run untill about 300mtrs before the 3rd mile ,then things turned to shite , the low oil pressure gremlin surfaced again ,but I ignored the red light and pressed on , passed the 3rd mile timer ,another warning light came on (not sure which ) then milliseconds later power droped off ,I shutdown and coasted through the quarter timer , made my way back to the pits on 2 or 3 cylinders , pulled the plugs and # 3 was a melted crispy critter , a comp test netted 0 psi in # 3 , :cry:
I packed up and headed off thursday morning , just making it through some very flooded causeways .
I stripped down the POS and found a burnt exhaust valve ,caused by a clogged fuel filter (again) :oops: , anyway hoping 2010 brings better results
cheers
gary
jrbcastle

Re: post mortum 09

Post by jrbcastle »

hawkwind racing wrote:2009 was not a good year for hawkwind racing , I was not comming to speedweek this year due to the ill health of my wife, but a last minute decission on saturday afternoon saw me hastely packing and hooking up the trailer with a not finished bike ,driving straight through 21 hrs and arriving sunday afternoon to a flooded track :shock: :cry: , I tossed a coin and decided to stay and see what would happen , a condition of me attending was I had to be back home again by friday night , monday (no racing) passed by ,kept bussy with scrutineering ,tuesday ,again no racing and further scrutineering,finally racing started tue arvo ,which I worked in getting the bike ready for racing ,passed tech and lined up wednesday morning on a bike that had very little time running ,infact I did not know how it would handle ,or even if it would change gears as on the dyno it only used 3 gear , well to cut a long story short ,it changed gears fine , handled like it was on rails , things were looking good for its shakedown run untill about 300mtrs before the 3rd mile ,then things turned to shite , the low oil pressure gremlin surfaced again ,but I ignored the red light and pressed on , passed the 3rd mile timer ,another warning light came on (not sure which ) then milliseconds later power droped off ,I shutdown and coasted through the quarter timer , made my way back to the pits on 2 or 3 cylinders , pulled the plugs and # 3 was a melted crispy critter , a comp test netted 0 psi in # 3 , :cry:
I packed up and headed off thursday morning , just making it through some very flooded causeways .
I stripped down the POS and found a burnt exhaust valve ,caused by a clogged fuel filter (again) :oops: , anyway hoping 2010 brings better results
cheers
gary
Good to see your smiling face this year Gary even after your engine blew.hope all's well at home good luck mate.
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Good to see you again as well Gary!

Better luck next year!
grumm441

Post by grumm441 »

And don't forget to pack a spark plug spanner
G
They make it
I make it work
PLUCKA

Post by PLUCKA »

Holy sh.t Gary that looks tough. Well done. All the best for the shoot and at home.

Plucka
hawkwind racing

some pics of the damage caused by lean methanol , very lucky the only damage was limited to the #3 exhaust valve and some head damage ,all repairable :) , logging indicated an A/F ratio in the high 7's , almost zero damage to the piston some slight pitting see pics below

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/hawkwind/busa%20build/kawka%20build/P1010042.jpg[/IMG

cheers
Gary