Bub speed trials, any room in container on return?

Go here to find out what's happening in the rest of the world

Moderator: DLRA

cbx666

Bub speed trials, any room in container on return?

Post by cbx666 »

G'day all and good luck to those going to Bonneville.
We still have aspirations of going, but it will be a few years down the track.

Have been seriously into the historic road racing with my CBX's and we are getting there!
Will be putting them in mothballs after the World SuperBike round at Phillip Island in March and then slowly get back into developing the twin turbo CBX, for the salt.

I have just been offered a set of engine cases and a set of 1278cc barrels from USA.
If anyone has room to fit them in the container on the way home, that would be great.
I can get them to the Bub event with a US Vincent streamliner team. Getting them back to Aus is the problem. A bit bulky for posting! Getting hard to get bits for these old girls and it was great for a like minded enthusiast to offer them to me. If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated.
Regards
Rol.
Yarra Valley Victoria. cbx666cbx@dodo.com.au
Six of the best!
DLRA 112

Post by DLRA 112 »

I doubt that any one can bring them back in the container for you due to the strict rules of what they sent and what comes back etc.

Now this may be a long shot. I understand Rod Hadfield has his phone here on divert ( or he has his mobile with him ) so if you call him he may know some one that can help you or perhaps bring them back as luggage or excess luggage if that is possible.
Last edited by DLRA 112 on Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Member DLRA 112.
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

Richard Assen will be back home in Melbourne next week,, i would suggest you give him a call about stuff in the container,, he is the person to say yes or no,,,, should he agree, i can pick your stuff up at BUB`s, and as i will be helping them reload the container for the trip home, i will make sure it gets packed in. 8)
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
cbx666

Post by cbx666 »

Thanks guys, for the info.
Ron, I will try Richard next week and see.
Thanks again.
Regards
Rol.
Six of the best!