Bonneville - Here we come

Go here to find out what's happening in the rest of the world

Moderator: DLRA

Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Don

Kia Ora Cuzzy Bro!

Looks like we'll be there Wednesday night or Thursday night on the way through to I93 (the "no wee" zone).

Lynchy
Rob

Post by Rob »

No worries Paul,

Some of the outlet stuff is/are seconds... I managed to get a pair of levis that has a side seam at the waist and a front of leg seam at the boot end... hold 'em up and check :roll:

There are some discount coupons on the website. Print 'em and take them with you or grab a coupon booklet at the main office when you arrive. 10% off jeans if you spend more than $50. Levis were $US25 in '98

http://www.barstowoutlet.com/coupon.php

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
David Leikvold

Sears

Post by David Leikvold »

Paul, don't forget to drop into each and every Sears store you find, their hand tools are good quality and very cheap too. A visit to Costco is also worth it, (there's one in Fountain Valley in LA) I'm not sure how you qualify to shop there (it's a bit like Campbells Cash & Carry but vastly better). Thanks to a mate's buyers card I bought a mountain bike with full suspension there for less than half what it would have cost here. They prefer cash.

Cheers
Dave :D
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
Rob

Post by Rob »

Dave,

Sears tools (Craftsman) have dropped quality sadly, they used to be US made, now they are Chinese.

You have to pay membership for Cosco to shop but it would be worthwhile depending upon savings. It was only $US20 in the late 90s, no idea now. Unsure if you have to have a company or not sorry, the mate did all the BS on my behalf.

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
David Leikvold

Sears tools

Post by David Leikvold »

Rob, that's a shame about the tools, mine are all at least 10 years old, most are more than 20 years old and in that time I've only trashed a couple of abused sockets and a #2 Philips screwdriver. Looks like Snap-On gets the business. I've got an ABN so when Costco finally makes it to Brisbane I'll be right and if they charge a membership it's deductible anyway.

Cheers
Dave :D
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

Hay, if you fellas are looking for accomodation,,, have youse tried getting onto Carmen at the" Black and White bar" :?: (on that back street heading over to Wendover airport),,,not sure if she could help at this late stage, but recon it would be worth a try as she is known for looking after the Aussies and Kiwis :D, have misplaced her card :? , so maybe somewon with her contact details could chime in here 8)
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Staytie

That wouldn't be Carmen Geddit would it?

Lynchy
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

:lol: :lol: yeah,,, nice lady, runs a top little bar, you can spend hours checking out the old and not so old Bonnerville posters she has up on the walls,, be sure to pay the "Black and White" bar a visit or two when there 8)
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
HGPV

Post by HGPV »

Hi All,

We have a group of 4 heading over.

Doing Knoxville Nationals 12-15th, then speed week and onto bakersfield for the Nostalgia drags 20-21st.

Are others coming to the Salt talks on the 15th ?
Beer is the awnser
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

PV

Sounds like the Salt Talks will be overrun with Aussies. See you there.

Lynchy
HGPV

Post by HGPV »

Lynchy, I should be easy enough to find, will have my 'Salt talks' name tag on. "Boppo"

see you there
Beer is the awnser
penny

grum says "dont let your mate drive your rental"

Post by penny »

glengowrie annexe of the Institute of Backyard Studies