Post by penny »

glengowrie annexe of the Institute of Backyard Studies
penny

Post by penny »

Hoofhearted

Re: bonneville 2010 you tube links share them as you find th

Post by Hoofhearted »

Don't cry because its over. Smile because it happened.
internetscooter

Post by internetscooter »

A tip on posting youtube videos...

Take the funny number after the "v=" in the link e.g. "UwoRBeNkrTk" and just copy that part into your message.

Then select it all and hit the "youtube" button on the edit menu (next to Font color)

It will add youtube tags that look like this:

Code: Select all

[youtube]UwoRBeNkrTk[/youtube]
The when you post it, it will look like this :)

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Paul
---
DLRA #647
89.664 mph (aiming for 100mph+)
www.vespalabs.org
ROSS BROWN

Re: testing

Post by ROSS BROWN »

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Found this to be quite educational . Lynchy did a reinspection after its next run in which it " spun "
would love to see the footage :!:
IT IS ALL A RACE AGAINST TIME.
TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE.

HOW FAST CAN YOU GO ?

S/UF 925
blownvn

Re: testing

Post by blownvn »

ROSS BROWN wrote:
Found this to be quite educational . Lynchy did a reinspection after its next run in which it " spun "
would love to see the footage :!:

Yep, I learn that 100mph tape isn't 200mph tape. LOL

After all the effort of putting that tape on I think it did more harm than good. :mrgreen:
ROSS BROWN

Re:hola dance

Post by ROSS BROWN »

Iv'e gotta stop being so serious :roll:
Yep that 100 mph tape is somewhat of a distraction. :lol:
Maybe towards the end of the run there was earth quake or maybe the camera was mounted to a rubber probable infinite generator!
But I think not.
I'm not no USC professer :P I cant even spell propibly properbly propparbly propably (one of them). :roll: but what I think I saw was a car trying to imitate a hawain hola dance. It appeared that the wind pressure underneath the body had become somewhat equal to the pressure outside thus creating the harmoniuos wave effect,somewhat like a luffting sail on a yaucht this can be quite a dangerous moment on a boat in high winds with a boom ready to swing anyway it feels like if not lashed propably, all be it at only 20 odd knots but these effects must have similarities.
Lynchy informed me of the hidden damages to the car when the team of inspectors scutinized it after it's " spin " .things like bent wheels ,shredded steering splines, bent front axles .
Someone please explain if I am missing something .
IT IS ALL A RACE AGAINST TIME.
TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE.

HOW FAST CAN YOU GO ?

S/UF 925
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

I just found it amazing that it span and didn't go over. I'd love to see a video of that.

Yeah, the body doing gyrations didn't look too good either.

Lynchy
Dr Goggles

Re: Re:hola dance

Post by Dr Goggles »

ROSS BROWN wrote:Iv'e gotta stop being so serious :roll:
Yep that 100 mph tape is somewhat of a distraction. :lol:
Maybe towards the end of the run there was earth quake or maybe the camera was mounted to a rubber probable infinite generator!
But I think not.
I'm not no USC professer :P I cant even spell propibly properbly propparbly propably (one of them). :roll: but what I think I saw was a car trying to imitate a hawain hola dance. It appeared that the wind pressure underneath the body had become somewhat equal to the pressure outside thus creating the harmoniuos wave effect,somewhat like a luffting sail on a yaucht this can be quite a dangerous moment on a boat in high winds with a boom ready to swing anyway it feels like if not lashed propably, all be it at only 20 odd knots but these effects must have similarities.
Lynchy informed me of the hidden damages to the car when the team of inspectors scutinized it after it's " spin " .things like bent wheels ,shredded steering splines, bent front axles .
Someone please explain if I am missing something .
That looked bad to me.
I like to think I can spell , but next to that I'll second what Rosco said........... unless there is some explanation that involves the camera I would gave that bus a wide berth. That is a car that is going to break,soon. Apart from anything else those oscillations go through a couple of harmonic phases( watch how they quickly change from long deep ones to short quick and then back)and they would play havoc with the steerability, the aero and bring on metal fatigue sooner than you can say Bristol Comet........

It could be an illusion....or really bad scuttle shake.

I would have thought a university would come up with a better car than that...looks like a pensioned off R.E.D
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

I looked for a photo of the car and the camera appears to be mounted on a scoop for the motor, therefore any motor movement transfers to the camera. That explains why the camera appears disconnected to the movement but it would still seem to have a heap of chassis flex.

Lynchy
Last Minute Racing

Post by Last Minute Racing »

Check the horizon in the clip. If its the car resonating its an earth moving one.

I think its more likely to be electronic distortion of some description caused by ignition or the charging system maybe.

But happy to be proven wrong.

Thanx
Dave
FASTER! FASTER! BANG F&^*K! F%&*K! F#$%K! s*** MORE MONEY
penny

9 minutes of bikes

Post by penny »