Santa Ana Drags and Main Malt Shop Reunion

Go here to find out what's happening in the rest of the world

Moderator: DLRA

DLRA
Site Admin

Santa Ana Drags and Main Malt Shop Reunion

Post by DLRA »

Received this from Richard Parks today. Now this would be one reunion I'd like to go to!
Saturday, October 2, 2010 Leslie Long is organizing a Santa Ana Drags and Main Malt Shop Reunion. It is a picnic and you can bring your own food or share with others. You will find a beautiful park along Santiago Creek on the border of the cities of Orange and Santa Ana. It’s about 500 feet to the east of Main Street and Memory Lane. The reunion starts around 10 am. It's totally free, to park and to join in. The old timers may include guys like Otto Ryssman, Isky, Gene Ellis and I talked to Al Teague, who said that he is planning on attending. Mark your calendars and come. This is one of those really special affairs and the men and women who raced at Santa Ana are some of the earliest drag racers anywhere on the planet. They are gracious and easy to talk to. Bring a video camera, note book or any collectible that you want autographed. They raced in the '50's when drag racing was just starting to figure out their rules and culture. Email me for additional information.
Richard Parks
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
Rob

Re: Santa Ana Drags and Main Malt Shop Reunion

Post by Rob »

Wonderful, and the NSRA Nats are on in Sacramento 1,2 and 3rd. decisions, decisions.

Thanks Greg :wink:
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.