The Mojave Mile

Go here to find out what's happening in the rest of the world

Moderator: DLRA

David Leikvold

The Mojave Mile

Post by David Leikvold »

I was wandering aimlessly around the landracing website when I noticed the link to www.mojavemile.com A quick look at the excellent website shows they run on a freshly resurfaced and perfectly smooth 12,500ft bitumen runway at the Mojave Air and Space Port. At their weekend meeting in October they managed to get through almost 700 runs. That's not a typo, that IS seven hundred runs. Check out the results pages and add them up! One bike guy managed 31 runs in the two days. Lots of cars and bikes went over 200mph. They do the standing mile in just under 30 seconds. There are heaps of good quality in-car videos on YouTube, check 'em out, the fast cars really accelerate HARD and the bikes are just GONE.

Cheers
Dave :D
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
firemanjim

Re: The Mojave Mile

Post by firemanjim »

Definitely good fun,David. I have run there twice now on bikes. Got my 200 mph shirt last go around.
David Leikvold

Re: The Mojave Mile

Post by David Leikvold »

G'day Jim,

Well done on earning the shirt. It looks like the Mojave Magnum is drawing interest too. I look forward to reading more details about that one. With it being invitation only they will probably only invite the best and fastest people (lucky you got the shirt!) and everyone will have so many runs they'll get dizzy! I read on their forum that Mike Borders is intending to go paperless for entries in 2012, sounds like he's really trying to run a slick organisation.
Good luck to him :D

Cheers
Dave
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!