Anyone got a mate in OHIO?

Go here to find out what's happening in the rest of the world

Moderator: DLRA

boyracer

Anyone got a mate in OHIO?

Post by boyracer »

Gday. I want to purchase some rare as rocking horse poop race stuff (bank of motorcycle carbs) in Ohio, USA. Anyone got friends/family there?

Alternately, If I could get 'em to Wendover, could someone known/friendly there store them until a Aussie could bring 'em back in their container from Bonneville.

Or anyone know a freight forwarder for small stuff?
Just asking.

Thanks, Gordon.
If its got b**bs or wheels its bound to be trouble!
Greg Watters

Re: Anyone got a mate in OHIO?

Post by Greg Watters »

Gordon for something like that i would express post straight to your door , its trackable , insurable, not too expensive and pretty much problem free
momec3

Post by momec3 »

Greg,

Please explain the process, I also have an item that weighs 58kg to ship. It is valued at bugger all but my first quote is $700 plus from a freight fowarder.

Any advise appreciated.

Chris
Chris
Rob Carroll

Post by Rob Carroll »

I have a mate in Indianapolis who ships containers from Indy to Melbourne regularly. UPS the parts to him and he can ship them for you to Melb. If Greg's suggestion doesn't work for you maybe this will. I have his email somewhere and phone no. Rob
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

Chris 58kg is probabley a bit more than the motorcycle carbs, 20kg is about all you can send cheaply through the post

Not sure if i will be bringing a container back or just traveling in general freight , most of the likely contenders are waiting to see if there vehicles can run at a reasonable speed before commiting to go to the US
Gone from 6 bikes down to 3 pretty quickly , but if i bring a container back i am more familiar with procedure now to include non canet listed goods
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

boyracer wrote:Gday. I want to purchase some rare as rocking horse poop race stuff (bank of motorcycle carbs) in Ohio, USA. Anyone got friends/family there?

Alternately, If I could get 'em to Wendover, could someone known/friendly there store them until a Aussie could bring 'em back in their container from Bonneville.

Or anyone know a freight forwarder for small stuff?
Just asking.

Thanks, Gordon.
Are you registered on landracing.com?

I have a couple of mates in various parts of the US who'll forward things for me, you could just ask in general who'd be up for it or go through the bike guys and see who's in Ohio/NE states.

There's a way round everything. :wink:
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
boyracer

Post by boyracer »

Greg Watters wrote:Gordon for something like that i would express post straight to your door , its trackable , insurable, not too expensive and pretty much problem free
I must of been unlucky last thing i bought in US...this time looks ~100 bills to deliver / insure. Thanks Greg.
boyracer

Post by boyracer »

sheeeeeet! Why do i always end up having to buy stuff from the exact opposite corner of the frickin' globe from wannabe amish/ unabomber/cave dwelling/foil hat wearing types?
Any ideas?
Rob you got mail.
Dreamliner 200

Post by Dreamliner 200 »

I've also got a similar issue, small 4cyl engine block (a rare one!) can be got to Bonneville Speed Week, anyone got a bit of space for suitable $$ recompense! ? :wink:

Same party who is helping me over there is trying to get heads out from Perth, but others may be working on this too??

Can anyone help, or how did the contributors to this thread go on?

Cheers

Graham :mrgreen:
DLRA Member 752
Livin' the dream!
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

I think we're workin on the same problem G, I'll be having a chat to Norm Bradshaw tonight to see if they can getthe block into their container.PM me and we'll do this on email...... you probably don't owe Chris anything, I do......he's forwarded half the parts we got from the States, and guitars........
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
boyracer

Post by boyracer »

Rob Carroll put me onto a company 'Cheetah Imports' out of Indianapolis. I'm in touch with 'em now but nothing doing yet.
They would seem to offer the services you require. My needs include payment in local currency so extra level of negotiation.