2014 MPS/G 250 140 MPH (RECORD)
2015 MPS/F 250 DNF
2016 MPS/F 250 114 MPH (RECORD)
2017 MPS/F 250 DNF
Rob

Re: DLRA at Bonneville 2012

Post by Rob »

This is from Norm Hardinge yesterday.

AUSSIE"S AT BONNEVILLE UPDATE - Today, Mark Dunn on his maiden Bonneville trip down the salt in the new belly tank qualified for his first Bonneville licence doing 136 mph. He said it ran straight and the engine was strong. Considering this is the first time he has tested or driven the car anywhere, he and his family and crew have done a magnificent job building the new racer. Kurt, his son, as long as dad checks over the car and ok’s it, takes the car out tomorrow for his first qualifying run. Norm Bradshaw with his Falcon Taxi had a few things to do for the tech inspections but now has the all clear and he hopes to run tomorrow. Wayne Pickles with is HK Monaro is not far behind. He hopes to clear inspection either late today or early tomorrow and then will also be running. Norm and Wayne had only minor issues with tech inspection, but out on the Salt miles away from any substantial town, even the smallest of mods can be a nightmare.
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
holden1

Post by holden1 »

Norm sent me a message today asking me to tell you guys that you can follow his posts on Facebook, were ever that is? I guess Bigknob racing or something? Hope the Aussies do well, Go fast-Stay safe! cheers oggie
Rob

Post by Rob »

More from Norm & yes via F'book.

This morning - Wayne Pickles made his first run. 145 mph licence run. Everything sweet. Norm Bradshaw was all suited up and third in line when a clutch cable came loose. They tried to fit the cable on the start line but the clip broke and needed welding. They left the car up at the start lline. Kurt Dunn ran his first run in the morning. In the 140's he did. He was stoked that he went faster than his old man. Mark Dunn joined the line for his second licence pass.

Afternoon - Norm Bradshaw fixed his clutch and made a successful first pass. I think he was more relieved that things started moving than excited. His co-driver was being suited up for their first pass. Wayne Pickles team started putting the other two Bonneville rookie drivers through. Don't know results. Mark Dunn lined up for his second pass. Don't know results.
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

Anything from today ?
Thanks for the updates :D
Rob

Post by Rob »

Not yet Greg,

I think Norm updates in his hotel after his day on the salt (which should be in a couple of hours). I'll repost when he does.

Cheers,
Rob
BIG GAZ

Post by BIG GAZ »

Thanks for the updates Rob, I wish I was there. same as you I suppose.
Next Year with the Shaguar?
GAZ
Rob

Post by Rob »

I'm keen Gaz! Don't go teasing now.... :wink: I'm sure I can rustle up a push truck too.

No update from Norm yet but I'm watching.

Rob
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

I got a message today from Evy Scholz . She was still in Salt Lake City and still getting her bike ready . Said she hoped to be on the salt tomorrow ( Tuesday USA time )
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
RED NISSAN WAGON 1986 # 281
2002 F/PRO 125.4 MPH RECORD
2003 F/PRO 140.2 MPH RECORD
2005 F/GC 137.9 MPH RECORD
2006 F/GC 141.1 MPH RECORD
1/4 mile ( drags ) @ Willowbank 14.15 @ 97.61 mph August 2006
Rob

Post by Rob »

From Norm this am, 3:49am AEST

Norm Bradshaws clutch problem turned out bigger than expected. Now fixed and he will be out again in the next hour.

Norm still has to do a 175 mph pass before goin flat out.

Mark Dunn found his motor running lean. He is having tuning issues. He has installed bigger jets and will have another go soon.
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

Heard Marks name and number this early morning , i thought in the reruns ? has he qualified for a record
Rob

Post by Rob »

No idea sorry Greg, this from Norm a few minutes ago.

Adam while driving the Monaro spun at a speed of approx 170 mph in third gear on soft salt.
Rob

Post by Rob »

From Norm.

Adam is fine, no damage on Monaro this time. Some damage from Wayne's spin the other day on the guard. Minimal really considering that he took out a marker.
Rob

Post by Rob »

More from Norm H.

Norm Bradshaw blew a 20 cent fuse while doing 180 plus and the engine stopped dead. Norm was very very frustrated. The fuse blow had something to do with the computer set up. Fixing tonight and back out early tomorrow.

Wayne's mob are checking through car and then have to get ok from tech inspectors before running tomorrow.

Mark had no failures or spins but track was poor at 7 pm - he was or close to last run of the day.He could not get traction and had to back off. He still managed 189 mph-his fastest ever on salt.

Consensus herebis that the track is poor for the first few miles. Makes it hard to make up lost speed. Although George Poteet who drives Speed Demon says there can't be anything wrong with it cause he ran 419 mph the other day. (I believe his exit speed was 427..Rob)

Kurt ran 193 this morning. Marks hopes to run 200 plus tomorrow morning on a newly graded and dry morning track either with himself or Kurt at the wheel.

Other than that Norm and Wayne had some chute problems but all fixed now.

Racing is over for the day and all three Aussie cars expect to run again early tomorrow.