BMST 2016

Go here to find out what's happening in the rest of the world

Moderator: DLRA

Greg Watters

Re: BMST 2016

Post by Greg Watters »

Al set an AMA record ,it was low 2's ,and not a lot more now
We have had spare 750 motors, but by the time you cart them from meeting to meeting with no fault for several yrs there more effort than needed
and i hate tearing something down on the salt , the hurt B motor looks like it burnt valve seats, and that cyl may have had previous head repairs, so i have some coated turbo pistons here to send Jim and a good untouched S/H head will put it back to a usable 1350 class motor while we build the 1650 up properly

Kims 244 at BMST i think makes her the fastest woman on a sit on bike on the salt , need to verify that , Leslie Porterfield had the honor since 2008
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

Hey Greg, I tried to find the run sheets for BUB 2009, it seems that thay have disappeared into cyberspace(BUB site),, recall Richard setting the record and Leslie going out on the last day and bumped it a little, Richard then went back out and took it at 236.01mph,, I'm thinking, (not sure), that Leslie did go into the 240's at some stage, but not at that event, Al Lamb or Scott would know, she was with the Dallas Honda crew :)
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

I think it was 242 or 243 , close enough to verify before getting too excited , yeah have to ask around , flat out catching up from the month off
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

Erin Sills wrote a few articals for the American Motorcyclist and one included us
http://americanmotorcyclist.com/Racing/ ... pionship-3