Go here to find out what's happening in the rest of the world

Moderator: DLRA

DirtyDave

SteamCar World Record Attempt

Post by DirtyDave »

The British Steam car site is Worth a look see,
Good web site and can purchase merchandise to support there cause,,,
www.steamcar.co.uk
Don't Worry, It only seems Kinky the first time..
Reverend Hedgash

Steam Punk'd

Post by Reverend Hedgash »

Sure they need all the support they can get!

Seven years in the making and still no car. They just realised that their engine doesn't fit their body so will have to redesign the whole thing.

If they don't redesign the whole thing the whole Morelli shape will go out of whack but they need to finish this year as its the anniversary of the other steam car that is their "inspiration"

"Inspiration" is a great name for this car. That's all it is, where's the 99% hard work?

Dirty, I reckon you and I could start a steam project now and beat them to it...

Buy a T-Shirt, (Or a steam teddy bear WTF?) they'll become a collectors item like a non issue stamp.

If they complete it in 2007 it will be the anniversary of its destruction at Daytona Beach...

Fred’s account of what happened next follows: “When I reached the second depression it was just like running into a curbstone. The car went up like a kite, sailed through the air for about 100 feet and broke in half when it landed.” The car was destroyed and Fred Marriott was seriously injured. He survived however, and because of his importance to the Stanley operation they never fielded another racer.

Sounds like good advice.
At least its not a jaguar...

Reverend H+
DLRA Member#412
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Rev

What's with the Jaguar comments?

I hope you are not suggesting anything improper about the "Shaguar"???

BTW - Big Gaz and I are well along the path of production of a quality line of merchandise celebrating what will hopefully be a triumphant and blemish free trip to the salt in '07 (fingers crossed). We hadn't considered a steam powered teddy bear though - those cunning brits!! We thought we'd hit the pinnacle of mediocrity with tea towels and spoons.

I might make a suggestion for yourself and the good doctor's line of merch though - how about a lava lamp shaped like a belly tank?

Lynchy
Reverend Hedgash

Belly Lamp

Post by Reverend Hedgash »

Now you've got me thinking!!

That is so bad it just might work...

Damn. Now I can't do any work until I sort this out.
Damn you Lynchy.

We were thinking of a cd where Dr Goggles and Reverend Hedgash sing songs about fast cars and slow women...

The Belly Lamp would make a great racing boudoir ornament for the cover with a belly dancer. The album can be called "Belly Tank Dancer"

Rev. H+
Make mine a double
DLRA Member#412
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

Yeh i got a bit miffed when i read that the steam was produced by LPG burners, :idea: whats wrong with shoveling cole in with your bear hands, :?:
Why not inject the LPG straight into the drive turbine, LPG Vapour (Steam of Propane), Or a plutonium reactor would produce plenty of steam, you could pump the steam straight out the Back pure thrust would save a hell of a lot on machining, reloading for the return pass might be an issue, be a bit hard putting water back in to some thing that is still glowing white hot and takes 25 years to cool down,, :shock: :shock:
Don't Worry, It only seems Kinky the first time..