Steve Fosset Plane Missing,

Go here to find out what's happening in the rest of the world

Moderator: DLRA

DirtyDave

Steve Fosset Plane Missing,

Post by DirtyDave »

Reports have just been released that Steve Fosset took off from a private Nevada air field after attending Bonneville as part of his world land speed attempt, His Family alerted authorities that he had gone missing, there was no air traffic control involvement or any destress calls...
Don't Worry, It only seems Kinky the first time..
momec

Post by momec »

Any further reports?
Acme Racing #251
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

It would be after dark now, friday the 7th in Nevada, and google searching came up with news stories that have no news still, It would appear that the search area is huge and very rugged terain, No Eperb, or GPS signals detectable, the state rescue and the army are assisting in the search,,,the search i would assume would restart 1am Sunday morning, here,, that would make it Saturday the 6th day steve has been Missing.
keep our fingers crossed for him...
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

Steve Fossett's own web site appears to be the most recent news report from Sunday Nevada Time , They are still searching and are requesting more helicopters and observers, Still no news and very little clues,, ..
the randy dero

Post by the randy dero »

If he was too close to area 51 he may have been shot down. The military won't mention it so he will remain "Missing" for the rest of time. Last I heard, volunteer pilots have been ordered not to search for him. Call me cynical if you will, but I don't trust governments, or anybody connected to them. Especially military.
Stephen
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

last friday i flew (comercial flight, window seat) over the area where he went missing, although it is a desert area there are many lakes and deep canyons, so finding him would be very difficult :(
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
the randy dero

Post by the randy dero »

ok
Stephen
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

Update 4 October 2007: Despite a concerted weekend effort by Nevada CAP and ground teams, no sign of Steve has emerged. New analysis of radar traces had pointed to a 100 sq mi area SE of the ranch, but ground searchers found nothing. Authorities stated they would follow up leads as they appear. Meanwhile, the ranch based private effort continues as described below.