Aussie invasion

Go here to find out what's happening in the rest of the world

Moderator: DLRA

firemanjim

Aussie invasion

Post by firemanjim »

Going to have some of you lot at my house and shop here. Greg Watters and his mate are arriving sunday to do a speed build on a Gix 750 turbo bike for Bonneville. I have already got a pile of parts awaiting them at the shop and their bike is at frame mans getting put to rights. Should be a real hoot to have em here and see what they build.(better go buy more beer) My bike is still a ways from being finished but is slowly taking shape. Then we will be off to the salt!! May see Bones and company a bit later.
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

I'm chaffing at the bit Jim, Sunday seems a long way off, yet too close..
Looks like good salt so far, hope it stays that way for a few more weeks.
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

"YEE- HARR" :!: :!: , am i excited :?:,,, no, :wink: ,,, :), flying out Friday 8)
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
hawkwind racing

Post by hawkwind racing »

Lucky bastards , hope you all enjoy the experence, and go fast and do aussie proud :D
fastest busa in Captains flat pop. 200
firemanjim

Post by firemanjim »

Well picked up the boys on sunday--late.Seems the darn jet had a brake job during the pit stop. Got here fine and have em settled in. Had a great time bbqing and benchracing on back patio. Off to shop in the morning.
Ronnie, are you going straight to Bonneville?
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

Ga`day Jim, i fly out of Brisbane 12:30pm Friday, via Auckland, arriving San Francisco 15 minutes later at 12:45pm Friday :wink: :lol: ,,,,
have a motel booked in San Bruno for Friday and Saturday night, as i will be doing the tourist thing around San Fran on Saturday.
I plan to give Greg a call as soon as i settle in Friday, and arrange to travel in convoy with him up to Bendover on Sunday 8) . Was talking to Ev (the orginiser) yesterday, she said Greg wants to get scrueterning done Monday, so hes right to go as soon as the trials start Tuesday :) .
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
firemanjim

Post by firemanjim »

Ronnie give us a call when you get in. You may be on same flight as Richard Assen, look for him.Greg and Mick have bike well along at this point. Motor was out and done yesterday, back in today with lots hung on it. We shopped for parts until 9:00 PM. Should be running tomorrow. Hoping to run our bikes at the weds nite drags. You should come out and join us sat or sun.
firemanjim

Post by firemanjim »

We have been working non stop on the bike and today it ran finally. Sounds good. Still fitting body and a few bits but getting there.
gazza414

Post by gazza414 »

Good to hear Jim.

and all the best to both of ya's next week.....I assume ya monster Harley / S&S motored bike is completed????

ya did pull ya finger out :roll:
1 FAST HAYABUSA 217.443mph so far
9 Official Timeslips over 200mph
Very much the apprentice
firemanjim

Post by firemanjim »

Nope, not even close, Gary. Next year. Just going to assist and spectate. Still in shop sunday morning painting, fiberglassing etc,
gazza414

Post by gazza414 »

ah well Jim , still a day to let the paint dry. Greg is good at last minute fixes..havent seen him on a spray gun yet...just needs a lick :lol:

I'll have to come over next year and help with that Harley...will swap ya for a ride on the fat Busa.

Once again , good luck and hope all the effort that you and Greg and Mick have put in results in some good fun.

I'm coming over to just get my shirt back OK...not because ya a good bloke :roll:

ps Have a safe ride Greg and I'm sure It'll puta smile on ya dial!!!!

pss Same to Richard Assen too..safe ride mate
Very much the apprentice
Dr Goggles

you lucky , lucky bastards

Post by Dr Goggles »

Hi guys congrats on getting yourselves organised and over there, best of luck to everyone , do us all proud.

Dr G
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
firemanjim

Post by firemanjim »

Well,we made it,worked at shop until 7 PM, then at home until late,packed trailer and hit the road at 5:30. Made it to the salt to set up at 5. Pitted with Richard and mate. We are checked into the hotel and met up with Ronnie.
The salt is unreal,best in a decade according to the veterans.
I posted some pics on my Buell board,look here
http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buell/m ... 1220285265
gazza414

Post by gazza414 »

Thanks Jim for the update...I'll keep on checking out the landracing site for updates and will pass on txt messages from Greg when times come up.

Apparently the track is good with ONLY water around the edges this time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Very much the apprentice
firemanjim

Post by firemanjim »

Good day, shakedown run was 178, with a back up for record at 183.751. Was running good just on low boost. Record is good, motor sealed, turn up the boost now.