Salt Addiction-Top 1 Shootout

Go here to find out what's happening in the rest of the world

Moderator: DLRA

Rocky R

Salt Addiction-Top 1 Shootout

Post by Rocky R »

For those of you following my monthly column on MotorcycleUSA (SALT ADDICTION), it is now posted.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_P ... 259&Page=1

Thanks for viewing!

Rocky R
The last time I raced down under, they had to shoo a kangaroo off the course! Hope to come back someday. Great fun!
gazza414

Post by gazza414 »

thx Rocky

do you think there is more speed left in the bike with the current setup?
1 FAST HAYABUSA 217.443mph so far
9 Official Timeslips over 200mph
Very much the apprentice
Rocky R

Salt Addiction - Top 1 Shootout

Post by Rocky R »

On both of our record runs I had to back out of the throttle through the measured mile because there was so much negative pressure overhead that it literally pulled the canopy open on it's sides. Wind, salt and water swirled around inside like a mini blizzard. The speed was still climbing both times. I think we would have gone around 365 with our current setup.

Having said that, Mike Akatiff has several ideas on how to increase horsepower substantially, and a few ideas on how to improve the aerodynamics of the machine which were a bit of a problem this year. But at this time, I'm not sure we'll be running again anytime soon. The goal alll along was to take home the record. Hopefully it will keep a bit...
The last time I raced down under, they had to shoo a kangaroo off the course! Hope to come back someday. Great fun!