Post by Rob »

I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
T-34

Post by T-34 »

#809Image
Dr Goggles

fishy

Post by Dr Goggles »

I can't put my finger on it but that , to me ,seems a little too good to be true.

1./ I haven't seen that car in any pics that I recall , and I've looked at lots.

2./The stance is way better than any of the pre 1950 tanks.

3./There is no historical info, I find it hard to believe it has survived this long and yet there is not the slightest reference to who built/owned/ran it.

4./ It looks inside like it was built by someone who has had the benefit of hindsight, the opportunity to see how they were ALL built, it's too neat....like a "rat-rod"....and seems to have features gleaned from the best tanks......it's too "classic" to be period.

5./ There are no ribs in the tank....leading me to believe it was fabbed, no-one fabbed them back in the day.

So , excuse my cynicism but it looks too good to be true.Please , please prove me wrong.I'm going to ask on landracing about it........
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Rob

Post by Rob »

Doc,

There are a few things I looked at and thought "hmmmmmm...." and the fact that zero history is offered in the text is suspect.

In the end though, new, old, I don't care, I like it a lot but I can build it for a lot less than the high bid!

More controversial still is the fact that it was ended early and all bids cancelled. The highest I saw was $US79K :shock: though he has 370 feedback and 100% positive.

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.